Cure to Cancer

Lauren sighed when she got yet again, another call about a young girl who was standing at the top of the tallest building here in Miami.

The woman climbed up the thousands of stairs to get there, finding her sitting on the edge.

The same girl from before. The same 13 year old girl who Lauren saved last time.

She was autistic, mentally not there.

This time she seemed smaller, more frail, practically skin and bones.

She was slouched as she sat there, eyes on the ground that was more than 400 feet away.

"Hey." Lauren leant on the ledge, looking at the tiny girl.

She grabbed her walkie talkie when she saw the blood on the girl's face, whispering for an ambulance.

"What happened, hmm?" She asked the teen, making her shake her head and place her shaking hands on the ledge.

Lauren found the tiny girl wearing nothing but a hoodie that fell to her knees.

Even then, it was covered in dirt, blood, and holes.

"Y/N." Lauren spoke the girl's name, making her stiffen up and begin to tremble.

"What happened?" The officer asked once more.

"Who... who did this to you, sweetheart?" The cop rested a hand on her back, making her jolt away and grimace.

"Ahh!" She winced in pain, leaning more off of the edge.

"Come on, let's get you off of here." Lauren went to wrap an arm around her thin waist.

"No!" She shouted, shoving the officer away and finally letting go.

"No! Y/N!" Lauren caught her by her arm, making her scream out in pain.

The ambulance was below, officers setting up a safe place for the girl's body to land if she did jump.

The girl's arm was clearly popped out of place, but Lauren was only doing her job.

Saving a life.

She pulled her up, as much as the teen fought.

Lauren hissed when the girl's nails scratched her cheek, pinning her down on the ground.

"Stop it! Y/N, stop!" She shouted at her, holding those thin arms down and pinning her in place.

"Talk to me, baby! What's going on?! Who did this to you?!" She asked the teen one more time.

The girl wasn't answering, so they had to take her to the hospital.

Lauren stayed with her the entire time, shock written over her face when she saw the girl's scans.

She had a foreign object in her stomach, busted open which was the cause of her brain damage.

The girl was the victim of drug smuggling, doctors rushing her into surgery to remove the drugs.

But they couldn't, at least not without damaging one of the girl's internal organs. The drugs were attached to not only a major organ, but an artery.

They at least got a sample of the drug.

It wasn't heroine, it wasn't morphine, it wasn't cocaine or marijuana. It was these pink little crystals that none of the cops or doctors recognized.

When put under the microscope, it looked like a regular glycoprotein. But when tested and added to a human cell, it spread like a virus.

They thought Y/N's brain was damaged, but it was actually healing itself.

The teen was laid to rest on the hospital bed, the cops waiting for her to wake up so that they could question her.