Chapter 11:Are You Ready?

May 5th 2001
Janet's Pov
12:30 pm

Everyone was running around like chickens trying to get everything ready

Everyone was running around like chickens trying to get everything ready. This morning I kinda woke up late so I had to rush to get to the venue. I was going to be here all day until it was dark out. As of right now i'm in my own little area where i change outfits and refresh makeup. I was relaxing until Gil's loud ass voice interrupted me. "Dunk"he yelled. I mentally rolled my eyes. "what do you want Gil"I mumbled. "Calm down. anyways Toni looking for you"he said and walked away. I thought she was coming later. "wassup ma"a deep voice said behind me. I turned and looked at her with a blank face. Her smile dropped. "what happened. who did something to you"she asked reaching for her waist. "I'm fine Toni"I sighed getting up.  I walked past her and she followed closely after me.  I know her hand was still on the waist just waiting to pull the trigger on someone. I led her to the bathroom where it's quiet. I hopped up on the counter and ran my fingers through my hair sighing again. Toni was just staring at me. Studying me. Here we go.

Toni's Pov

I stared at Janet as she sat there

I stared at Janet as she sat there. Clearly she's stressed and doesn't wanna tell me about it. "what's wrong with you"I asked. "Toni i said i'm fine"she said a lil loud. "I don't who you raising your voice at cause I know it ain't me"I said grabbing her throat. Something is definitely wrong cause she called me Toni and not daddy. I stepped back and crossed my arms. We stared at each other until she blinked. "I'm stressed. I'm tired. I've been here all morning with Gil and the kids trying to get everything ready for tonight. i have a fucking headache and i haven't had anything to eat since i've been here"she said all in one breath. I'm stuck on the part where she didn't eat anything. "Why are running around here with nothing in your damn stomach. Didn't i tell you to call me whenever you're hungry"I semi-yelled. Janet stayed quiet. "Let's go"I said opening the door. "W-Where we going"she asked trying to keep up with me. "We going get you something to eat"I mumbled. I led her through the back to my truck. Yea i had one of my trucks sent here. I opened the door for her and helped her get in then went on my side. I started it up and sped onto the road. "What you wanna eat"I said. Janet stared at me.  "fries"she said.  Mcdonald's it is. Since it wasn't really that far from where we were,we quickly went through the drive thru. I ordered her food and waited. About a minute later the food was ready. I quickly grabbed it and drove off. I handed the bag to Janet and stuck her straw in her drink. It was quiet except for smacking on them damn fries and the slurping of the drink then it stopped. While my eyes were focused on the road, Janet was to busy smoothing the back of my hair down. I ain't even get my morning kiss yet. We stopped at a red light. "gimme kiss ma"I said turning to her. Janet smiled and leaned in. Her lips crashed on mine. It was a nasty and sloppy kiss. I glanced to the side counting in my head waiting for it to go green. 5...4...3...2...1. I took off and soon we arrived at the house. No one was here. They all went eat out so it's just me and Janet. I turned my truck off and got out going on Janet side. I picked her up by the thighs and carried her in the house and all the way upstairs to our room. I threw her on the bed then started to strip of my clothing and did the same to Janet. Some shit bouta go down.