Chapter Ten - Broken Limbs And Death of a Friend

When Nate opened his eyes, his vision was blurry and it took a second for it to clear up. Once it did, the ebony found himself in the basement. Getting to his feet, Nate went up the steps to try and leave, only to find the door was locked. With a small sigh, the ebony went back down the old stairs, sitting down on the bottom one.

The ebony was beginning to doze off when he heard the door being unlocked. Getting up, Nate quickly turned around to face the steps.

"I see you woke up, love" Matt spoke as he came down the stairs, "Sorry about knocking you out by the way" he gave a small chuckle, "can't have you going to the police, now can we?"

"Matt, this isn't you" Nate replied, "This isn't the guy I fell in love with"

"What?" Matt asked, tilting his head to the side, "are you saying you don't love me anymore?"

"I'm saying that until you stop treating me like I'm a piece of trash, I don't want to be with you anymore"

Matt laughed at that, "Is that what you think I treat you like?" he asked, "I treat you with nothing but love and respect" He added, "well" he chuckled once more, "if you don't fuck up that is"

Nate took a step back from the brunette, "Bullshit" he snapped, "I'm sick and tired of this. I'm not some animal you can lock up when they do something bad" tears began to fill his eyes as he continued, "Hunter was right.." He shook his head to clear it, "I'm done, Matt. Come and find me when you're willing to treat me like a damn human being" with that, he began to walk past the brunette to leave.

Matt suddenly grabbed Nate's arm and pinned it behind his back before pinning the ebony face first into the cement wall. Nate let out a small grunt of pain as he hit the wall.

"You really think anyone would believe you?" Matt spoke in a low growl as he leaned in close to Nate's ear, "I can't even kill a bug. So what makes you think I can hurt a living human?" he gave a chuckle that sent a chill down Nate's spine.

"Hunter will take my side" Nate growled, "He knows what you've done"

"He can't take your side if he's dead"

Nate froze, his breath catching in his throat, "What the fuck did you do?"

"I didn't do anything" Matt replied, "But the guy I hired to kill that friend of yours will definitely do something"

Nate felt the color drain from his face, "No.." he murmured, horrified.

Matt burst out laughing at that, "Yep" I hired somebody to take care of  Hunter for me" he replied. He then pushed Nate harder against the wall, causing the ebony to wince in pain.

"Please.." Nate murmured, "I'll stay with you, just leave Hunter alone"

"It's too late, love" Matt smirked, "I already got the text saying the job was done"

Nate began struggling in the brunette's grip, "No, y-you're lying"

"Am I though?" the brunette asked with a chuckle, grabbing his phone from his back pocket before turning it on and showing Nate the screen.

It was a picture of Hunter. He was bleeding from a bullet wound to the back of the head and was laying face first on the floor. Nate felt his stomach churn at the sight. He felt like he could throw up.

"I'll admit" Matt continued, putting the phone back in his pocket, "I wasn't expecting him to be killed execution style, but if it gets the job done I guess" he chuckled.

Nate tried to free himself from the brunette's grasp once more but Matt suddenly tightened his grip on the ebony's arm before twisting it. The ebony hissed as he felt a wave of excruciating pain shot up his arm, causing him to cry out.

"Whoops" Matt smirked, "my bad" with that, he finally let go of Nate's arm, allowing the ebony to immediately cradle his now broken arm, holding it close to his chest.

"I'm going to fucken kill you" Nate snapped, "You won't get away with this"

"I already have, love" The brunette replied before kissing Nate's nose with a smirk. He then turned and left the basement, leaving Nate alone once more.