Chapter Twelve - Run, Nathan Run!

Nate flinched as he heard the gun go off. His breath hitched when he heard Stephanie scream out in pain. He didn't dare look back as he continued to run. His heart dropped as he heard the front door open before a car engine started up.

"Shit" Nate cursed as he put on a burst of speed. It didn't help, though, as Matt quickly caught up with the ebony.

"C'mon love" Matt called through the rolled down window, "I'm sorry for what I did"

"BULLSHIT!" Nate snapped back, "YOU JUST FUCKEN KILLED SHAWN AND STEPHANIE AND YOU EXPECT ME TO FORGIVE THAT?!"

Matt sighed before reaching down into the center console, pulling out the gun and aiming it at Nate, "I didn't want to do this.. But you're leaving me no choice"

Nate's eyes widened before skidding to a stop right as Matt pulled the trigger. The ebony then turned and ran back the other way, heading to his car. Getting into the vehicle, the ebony cursed as he realized Matt had his keys.

Quickly making sure that Matt wasn't close by, Nate quickly took off the paneling that covered the wires. He then grabbed a pair of wire cutters before cutting both the red and brown wires. Peeking his head up, he cursed as he saw what looked to be Matt's car approaching. Ducking back down, the ebony quickly stripped both sets of wires before connecting them. He then smiled as the car started up with a roar.

Sitting back up, the ebony grabbed a flathead screwdriver from the passenger side floorboard before quickly jamming it into the keyhole and turning it. When the car started up, Nate quickly backed out of the driveway before speeding off.

Looking in his rearview mirror, Nate cursed as he saw that Matt was close on his tail, "c'mon.." he murmured, pressing down harder on the gas better, "almost there"

The ebony quickly checked the driver side mirror only to curse yet again as he saw Matt's car coming up beside him. His eyes widened as Matt suddenly swerved into his lane, hitting the tail end of his car.

Nate felt his car spinning out of control. He frantically tried to gain back that control but to no avail. He saw a glimpse of a light pole before his car made contact with it.

The airbag deployed, hitting Nate right in the face, causing the ebony to hiss in pain. His vision was fuzzy from the impact and his head felt like it was throbbing. The last thing he saw was Matt coming towards his car before everything went black.