five

CHAPTER FIVE: farewell, coach

          A few days later, most of the ducks stood outside a bus stop, bidding a sad goodbye to their coach. he hadn't been there long, but he had made the ducks who they were.

adam was recovered now, standing beside andrea and bombay made his way down the line. charlie stood on her other side.

"cake-eater," adam joked as he shook coach's hand.

andrea took bombays hand, shaking it firmly with a smile on her face. "play hard, coach. and fair." she teased.

as he let go of her hand, he gave her a little solute. "will do, jones."

"have fun out there, coach." charlie said, before leaning forward and wrapping bombay in a hug.

as charlie's mother said goodbye to coach bombay, he pulled her into a kiss. andrea's eyes widened as the team wolf whistled; she had not known that the two were a thing.

bombay boarded the bus, before turning back and opening the door. "hey ducks! no matter what happens, i'll see you next season. we've got a title to defend."

andrea cheered, the ducks yelling and waving as the bus pulled away, taking bombay with it.

after a few minutes, most everyone had dispersed, returning to their homes or heading off to god knows where.

she turned to leave, but charlie stopped her.

"hey, jones!"

she turned to look at him. "oh, what do you want, conway?"

he smiled. "watch the attitude! don't think i don't remember you hugging me at the game."

"oh, what are you, five years old? it was a hug, okay? the whole team hugged. it only happened cause we won the game, and i was happy."

"yeah, whatever you want to tell yourself, jones."

andrea couldn't help the small smile that tugged at her lips. maybe she didn't hate charlie conway... not that she'd let him know that. plus, she still didn't like him, either.

he wasn't her enemy, he wasn't her friend. he was just, simply, charlie conway.

she supposed she, too, was just simply andrea jones.

AUTHOR SPEAKS!

IM SORRY I KNOW THIS
IS SO SHORT but hey now
we're moving to part 2😏