twenty-eight; BONUS

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: will you?

     Freshman year had long passed, and the once young mighty ducks were now freshly eighteen, a week away from graduating their senior year.

that morning, julie, connie, and andrea had played hookie to get their nails done for grad, and connie insisted they get their hair done, too.

she'd texted charlie to tell him she wouldn't be in first or second period, and he'd told her to meet him in their alley when she was done so they could drive back together. (yes, drive; andrea had been insistent on driving anywhere and everywhere since she'd gotten her license.)

"i just can't believe we're graduating next week; feels like just yesterday we were walking here, scared for the first day of high school." andrea continues, staring down at her phone as she texts charlie that she's a minute away.

when she gets no response, she looks up. julie and connie are nowhere to be seen, and she tilts her head in confusion. they were right behind her!

sighing, she puts her phone away and turns down the alley. she'll find them later.

but as she looks in the alley, her breath catches in her throat. lights are hung up on the walls, and charlie sits on the upturned recycling bin with a rose in his hand, and... a tiny box in the other.

her hands fly up to her mouth. "no way." she mumbles.

he grins, walking to meet her. she runs forward, a sob of joy leaving her throat as he kneels in front of her.

she mentally thanks connie and julie for insisting she wear a nice dress.

"drea," he says, and she's already silently crying. "i first knew that i liked you when you hugged me in the peewee finals.

i first knew that i loved you at the junior goodwill games, when we won and you skated right up to me and kissed me.

and i first knew i would marry you when you called me an idiot, which i was, and told me you loved me in this very alley."

another sob. "i do love you, idiot." she cried.

he grinned, more confident now. "i know we're young, but i've waited four years for this and i've never been more sure about anything. so, will you make me the happiest man to ever exist, and marry me?"

"yes!" she cries. "yes, for gods sake, come here!"

he stands, and she pulls him in, grabbing his face and kissing him. he kisses back, wiping the tears from her face.

and all she can think, is thank god she had been forced to join the once god-awful mighty ducks.

AUTHOR SPEAKS!

short, but UWDGDHAKDYSGSB!!!!

and now she's done😔 how's everybody
feeling, what'd we think?

thank you all for your support on this book,
it really means a lot. i'm sorry for the month
long delay but i hope it was worth it🙈