ten

CHAPTER TEN: pillow fights

Thankfully, the three girls shared a dorm room. the sun was starting to set, night time soon to come. andrea threw her bag down on one of the beds, the two other girls following her lead.

"you think coach'll let me play in the next game? you know, since goldberg played the last one." julie asked, unzipping her bag and pulling out some clothes.

andrea shrugged. "i'd hope so. coach bombay can be a bit... biased. goldberg's been his goalie from the start, let's hope he can learn that you're his goalie too."

the girls fell into a comfortable silence as they unpacked, before connie grinned devilishly at them, causing andrea to raise a brow and smile, a little weirded out. "what, con?"

"i don't know about you guys, but i'm not tired. what do you think about a little prank?" she pitched, waggling her brows at the two girls.

andrea contemplates, before giving in. "alright, i'm up for it. julie?"

"why not?" julie agrees with a shrug.

they found themselves cracking open their door, very slowly. with little equipment for prank planning, they had decided to go with good old ding dong ditching.

they stepped out, careful to not make any noise that would alert anyone of their plan. they crept around, until connie stopped and pointed to a door.

"whose room is this?" andrea whispered, going almost unheard by her roommates.

connie dropped her voice down, too. "guy's in there. i think he's rooming with adam and charlie."

faint music came from down the hall, and by the sound of it, it was definitely dean and fulton's doing.

the girls quietly argued about who would do the actual knocking, before andrea sucked it up and rapped her knuckles on the door three times. "room service!" she said, deepening her voice as much as she could in an attempt to disguise her voice.

the girls quickly ran off in a fit of hushed giggles, hurrying back into their own dorm. they could hear the boys outside, sounding confused.

andrea stood with her ear against the door, smiling and waving her roommates over to listen with her.

after a moment of confusion, she could hear guy sigh. "i'll bet you anything it was the girls. this reeks of connie and andrea."

the girls stopped laughing, giving each other looks. they heard footsteps approaching their door, before a knock came against the wood.

the girls all jumped back from the door. "okay ladies, we caught you. open up!" charlie spoke from through the door.

when they got no response, they heard adam say, "well, i guess we're coming in!"

with panicked faces, julie quickly points to their beds. rushing across the room and into their respective beds, they close their eyes and pretend to sleep.

the door peels open, and andrea keeps her eyes screwed shut. she can practically see connie holding back a laugh as they tried to play dead.

she could hear guy talking to connie, trying to get her to break. she prayed for connie to stay strong, and keep holding in her laughter.

what andrea didn't expect was for the mattress underneath her to dip, the sound of someone having climbed in her bed.

stretching his legs and putting his arms behind his head, he spoke. "man, their beds are way nicer than ours! i could get used to this."

she twitched, trying not to blow their cover, resisting the urge to push charlie conway to the floor and out of her bed.

he was clearly trying to make her lose.

he waits a moment, getting no reaction. she can hear guy laughing, but adam stays silent.

connie slightly opens one eye, trying to look around without getting busted. julie has begun to fake snore, and charlie has hopped into andrea's bed. connie fights her grin, knowing that andrea was probably fuming right about now.

and if she wasn't before, it certainly didn't help when charlie said, "well, they must really be sleeping. here's your goodnight kiss, jones!"

andrea's eyes snap open, but she's too late to move before charlie swoops down and kisses her cheek, pulling back just as she turns to hit him.

"conway! i'm going to kill you!" she cries, all three boys laughing as she scrambles out of the bed. the girls give up their show, sitting up and smiling.

charlie moves to run, but andrea is quicker, grabbing her pillow and smacking charlie with it.

a pillow fight ensues, and at first it's the boys against the girls. until connie and guy team up, and eventually it's a free for all.

it continues until they hear screaming from the hallway, all of them rushing to the door to get a glimpse just as goldberg, luis, and ken run from who she thinks is dwayne- it's hard to be certain, because he's covered in what she thinks is shaving cream.

apparently, they hadn't been the only ones to pull pranks that night.

           Next morning was their game against italy, andrea waking up early to the sound of julie's alarm. with a couple of groans and complaints, the girls soon get up and make their way to their game.

the girls arrive to the change room together, seemingly the last ones there. adam had saved her a spot beside him, which she gratefully took. she pulled on her gear and tied her skates, following her team to the ice.

with almost five minutes left in the first period, they're already up six to nothing. andrea had been on the ice for almost the whole game, finally switching off with adam as a face off ensues.

italy gets it into USA's end, taking a shot at goldberg. he catches it in his glove, and a whistle is blown.

she can't hear from the bench, but she can see goldberg clearly trying to start a fight with one of italy's players. the kid promptly shoves goldberg, who gets luckily saved by the ref.

"goldberg!" bombay warned him lightly from the bench. the goalie, in turn, shrugs innocently.

the puck is dropped and fulton gets the puck at the blue line, skating towards italy's net. he comes to a stop and takes his shot, the scoreboard changing from six to seven.

they win the game eleven-nothing, and andrea feels unstoppable.

oh, how soon that feeling would pass.

AUTHOR SPEAKS!

a little bit of charlie- andrea fluff
(chandrea? jonway? who knows)