nine

CHAPTER NINE: let the games begin

Her eyes were wide in awe as they approached the large rink, having recently landed in los angeles, california. the plane ride was short, and andrea had sat with connie and julie, fast to claim the window seat. adam sat behind her, followed by guy, who wanted to sit close to connie.

the building was huge, the whole team ogling as they entered through the doors that were much taller than any of them.

soon enough, they were on the ice for their first game against trinidad. andrea had started at centre ice, trying out the new position. as the puck dropped, she had tapped it through her opponent's legs, skating around him and heading down the ice.

it was safe to say she'd be playing centre ice much more often.

with two goals each from her and adam, a singular goal from both connie and averman, they were up six to nothing.

andrea was back in the game, skating down the ice. she passed to jesse, who then passed to charlie, who scored the team their seventh goal.

dean and fulton were sent out to the ice, not before tying some bandanas around their foreheads. andrea rolled her eyes at them, a grin on her face nonetheless.

andrea skated down the ice, the two boys knocking all of trinidad's players before they even got near her. she smiled, mentally thanking them for the clear breakaway.

nearing the net, she shot five hole, bringing them to eight-nothing. after celebrating, dean and fulton bowed to the crowd.

andrea skated back over to the bench, sitting beside adam. she reached for her water bottle, gulping down a fifth of the bottle.

adams gaze was fixated on the crowd, prompting charlie to nudge his shoulder. "you got a girl in the stands?" he joked.

for half a second, adam's eyes flitted to the girl beside him, who was focused on the game in front of her. "no. scouts, man. look at them"

"don't worry about scouts, adam." charlie told the boy. despite the feeling that adam had a thing for the same girl he did, the boys were still friends. "just play your best."

still unaware of whatever the two boys to her side were talking about, andrea's eyes followed the puck as it came into possession of a trinidad player. "come on, defence." she mumbled.

the player managed to get past the defensive line, singling in on goldberg, who stood too far back in the net, giving the opponent far too much space to score.

which is exactly what he does.

the third period is nearing its end, with the ducks in the trinidad zone. connie passes to ken, who takes the puck around the net and ducks under a players legs, scoring a wrap around goal.