12

Jay's Pov

Phew! Today, the café had been busy as hell and I had to even work overtime. I managed to slip away as fast as I could though because I wanted to see how Jungwon was.

Also, I had let him rest yesterday since he had just gotten hurt but today I'm not letting him off that easily.

His mother may be lenient but I am not...

I need to know the truth so I can at least think of what to do next.

I'm not gonna let my "brother" get tormented at school by some demonic teenager.

I'm also really confused who would hate on an angel such as Jungwon.

Ding ding

I press the door bell and soon the door opens to reveal a scared-looking jungwon.

"Heyy..." He drags the word awkwardly.

I ignore his discomfort and ask whether he's healed yet before diving straight into my interrogations. (I absolutely hate beating around the bush)

"So jungwon, I need you to tell me the truth. Who was that boy who beat you up and why did he do it?" I queried sternly.

Jungwon visibly gulped and tried to come up with an excuse. Lady luck was however shining on me. Neither Taeyeon nor My Dad was at home.

No one was gonna save him. He had to answer the damn question!

"Uh well .... He's a Japanese transfer student call Niki and he's kind of like a school bully," Jungwon answers.

I know these kinds of kids exist but I was unable to comprehend his hate for jungwon in particular.

"OK I see, but why did he target you in particular?" I asked.

"Idk," jungwon tries to shrug it off nonchalantly but my sharp cat senses say that something's off.

"Don't lie wonnie ... just tell me the truth," I'm on the verge of pleading.

"'-I ... well uh," Jungwon's stuttering.

I'm starting to get annoyed. I've always had a hot temperature and jungwon isn't making it any easier.

I've tried my best to be patient and calm but all he does is stutter like a broken radio.

"SINCE YOU OBVIOUSLY DONT WANT TO TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED, FINE SO BE IT," I scream at him furiously.

All my anger and annoyance bottled up in me has been released and there's nothing I can do about it. I want to help jungwon. I really do but there's really only that much I can do if he refuses to be cooperative.

Leaving him at a loss of words, I go into our room and slam the door.

If he wants to act all stuttery and stammers I guess this is what he deserves.

Jungwon's Pov

I really messed up, didn't I? I should have just told him the truth when I had the chance.

All I did by hiding it was make him mad.

Before I even realised it, a single tear rolled down my milky cheeks.

The single tear soon changed into a rivulet cascading from my bloodshot eyes.

Editors note: sry for not updating for such a long time. I've just had lots going on such as school and exams but don't worry I'm on holiday now, so expect more updates and I luv u all. Oso tell me what u guys think abt the story. Mwah! <3