13

Jungwon's POV

I felt pathetic. In fact, very pathetic as I continued to shed endless tears. Why was it so hard to just tell Jay the truth? That I liked boys.

I just had to open my mouth and utter a few words. Why was it this difficult for me to say them though?

Maybe it's just because I'm a scaredy cat who's too terrified and concerned about Jay's reaction.

Maybe it's because I'm just a closeted teenager who's not brave enough to come out yet?

No matter what the case, it was no doubt that I was the core reason why Jay hyung was mad at me right now! I can't bear him being angry with me. I have to tell him the truth. It doesn't matter what he says about my sexuality, as long as he's not angry with me any longer.

I can do this right? I questioned myself as I slowly tiptoed towards our bedroom's door.

Putting away all my fear and throwing it out thr window, I cautiously fisted my hand and raised in to knock on the door.

Jay's POV

Sitting down on the bed, I was already starting to regret screaming at Jungwon.

Ever since I knew him, I found out he had an extremely soft personality. He could get easily hurt and would start to hate him ownself even if he wasn't the one in the wrong.

Since he was so hesitant to share the reason behind the bullying, I shouldn't have pushed it this far either.

Jungwon would definitely have his reasons for hiding the truth for me considering he was usually a very open person especially when it came to sharing things with me.

The more I thought about it, the more guilty I felt and the disgusting emotion was beginning to weigh upon me.

The degree of guilt only worsened as I heard Jungwon's sniffles from outside the room. I was no longer going to sit down inside and let him take all the blame and cry.

I had to make things right and most importantly, apologise.

With the newfound aim in mind, I took sturdy steps towards the door. At that very moment, the sound of someone knocking the door was heard.

No one's POV

Hearing the knocks on the door, Jay instantaneously opened the door, only to be wrecked with a whole new truck of guilt as he saw Jungwon in an absolutely horrible state.

His eyes were badly bloodshot hinting at the presence of tears not too very long ago.

A look of despair was engraved in his face as he looked at Jay.

Both couldn't bear to look at each other so awkwardly anymore. So they both tried to apologise.

"Sorry," both of them said at the sane time unexpectedly.

This brought a smile to Jungwon's face and Jay finally felt like he could breathe. Something about how sad Jungwon looked made him feel really suffocated.

After both of them calmed down a little, they decided to sit down on the lower part of the bunk bed and talk it all out.

"So.. I just want to say I'm really sorry for forcing you to say something when you clearly didn't want to. I shouldn't have pressured you," Jay sheepishly said as he looked at his feet.

Jungwon was shocked to hear such words come out of Jay's mouth but he was nonetheless pleasantly surprised that Jay hyung was so thoughtful.

"I see and I forgive you hyung but I still feel I should come clean with you about the whole Niki thingy," Jungwon anxiously muttered.

Jay was quick to spurt out, "Are you sure though? Only say it if you are truly comfortable with telling it. Otherwise, it can wait!"

Jungwon stilled and pondered on what Jay had said.

Am I comfortable enough to tell Jay about this secret that I havent told many people?

The statement rang through Jungwon's head. He had only come out to one other person and that was his best friend Sunoo who he trusted with all his heart.

Was he willing to put in the same amount of trust in Jay hyung?

The answer to that question was yes.

Jungwon realised that he had bonded so closely with Jay, that he knew he would guard the secret with his life.

After a minute or so, Jungwon finally nodded to Jay's question and proceeded to explain the whole matter.

"Firstly, I'm gay. I'm not sure how well you'll take this fact but please wait till I finish the entire story. Sooo,  I haven't told anyone about this except my best friend and well ... now you. On the day you were coming to pick me up, I was doodling a guy with hearts around him in my diary and Niki saw it accidentally. Turns out he's homophobic and that's why he ended up beating me up," Jungwon let out the entire story in one breath as he stared at the floor.

He was way too worried to see Jay's facial expressions and reaction but he could assure something.

It felt really good to let it all out after not having had anyone to share the story with. It was comforting in a sense.

Jay however felt quite astonished by the dump of information Jungwon had shared. It was so much too intake and he was having a hard time processing it.

His train of thoughts were cut however by Jungwon's voice.

"So, what do you think?" Jungwon's voice was barely over a whisper.

Without any hesitation, Jay simply hugged Jungwon.

Jungwon was startled at first but slowly sunk into the warmth Jay offered. The hug was unexpected but very badly needed.

They stayed in the same warm position for a while before breaking free and Jungwon noticed there were tears forming in Jay's eyes.

"I now understand why you seemed so unready to share it all with me and if you were wondering, I have no problem with you being gay. You have my full support and word that I won't tell your parents. It's your choice on when to publicly come out," Jay comfortingly told Jungwon.

Relief flooded through Jungwon as he realised Jay wasn't going to hate him. Jay was in fact okay with it.

It felt like a dream but oh boy it wasn't.

This called for another hug and jungwon quickly jumped into Jay's arms once again while thanking him for his understanding.

After the second hug, a stern look overcame Jay's face though.

"About that Niki boy, I am going to have to come to your school and have a word with your teacher about it," Jay menacingly growled.

He will not let anyone hurt his sweet jungwonnie and let them get away with it especially not a homophic piece of shit.

(Pls don't kill me I love niki irl)

Authors note: Thats another update for you guys. Next update will be coming real soon. Any thoughts on my new pfp?