14

"Yamada found him in the hotel bar again." Shouji stated, his arms wrapped around a heavily intoxicated Todoroki Shouto. Midoriya sighed, reaching out to take the smaller Beta from Shouji.

"Thank you Mezou, and thank Yamada for me as well." He said, giving him an apologetic smile.

"It's no problem Izuku, we know things are hard right now. He's putting on a brave face for ours and the fans’ sake but... he's hurting and so are you." Shouji responded. He reached up to squeeze Midoriya's shoulder in reassurance. "You're not a bad Alpha and he's not a bad Beta, you're human."

"Thank you." Midoriya responded, his voice barely above a whisper. Shouji nodded before turning to walk down the hall to his own room. Midoriya scooped Todoroki up, the Beta groaning quietly at the movement, and kicked the room door shut. He took Todoroki to the suite's bathroom, getting a good look at his Mate's appearance. His face was flushed and his eyes bloodshot and glassy. His clothes were wrinkly and disheveled. His body trembling slightly. "Oh, Shouchan..."

"Let go." Todoroki slurred, squirming in Midoriya's grip. "I c'n do it m'self." Midoriya quickly set him down, not wanting to drop the Beta due to his fidgeting. Todoroki swayed on his feet as the room spun before he staggered over to the toilet to empty out the contents of his stomach. Midoriya squatted behind him, rubbing his back as he wretched.

"You can't keep doing this, Shouto." Midoriya said. "Please, just-."

"I ruined everything." Todoroki gasped between dry heaves, his eyes watering and throat burning. "I'm just like my father."

"You're nothing like him, Shouto." Midoriya disagreed vehemently.

"I am." Todoroki cried. "I ruin everything, just like he does. I hit Katsuki. I'm horrible."

"You're not horrible." Midoriya protested. "Hitting Kacchan was wrong, just like me not stepping in was wrong and him trying to start a fight was wrong. We all did things we shouldn't have because we were stressed and angry and scared. The important thing is that we learn from that mistake and don't repeat it."

"Do you hate me?" Todoroki asked quietly, his head resting on cool porcelain.

"Of course not, I love you." Midoriya answered. "Why would you ask that?"

"Because I hate me." Todoroki answered. "And because we can't go back. Not anymore. Not to what it was like before all this. It'll never be like it was before. We're not going to be happy without him, we need him."

"I know." Midoriya sighed, petting Todoroki's hair. It made his heart hurt, the thought of not having Bakugou, of Bakugou not wanting them. It hurt so much. Midoriya felt like he was dying on the inside, Todoroki was the only thing keeping him sane. Keeping him afloat. Keeping him alive. “How about we brush your teeth and then we take a nice hot bubble bath. We’ll take it one thing at a time, okay?”

“You’re too good to me.” Todoroki whined pitifully. “I don’t deserve you.”

“I was made for you.” Midoriya replied. ‘I was made for you and Kacchan.’

"You want me to do what?!" Bakugou questioned. He was sure he was hearing things. He had to be. There was no way she said what he thought she did.

"I want you to get in contact with that Alpha and Beta again." Shuuzenji, his primary doctor, repeated. She was a small, elderly Omega woman and had been his doctor since he moved to Tokyo. She had always been exceptionally kind and professional despite Bakugou's crude attitude.

"Why?"

"Your Heat in March was five days early and lasted seven days. Then you experienced a Heat a month early this month."