48

"Hey." Todoroki called, gripping Midoriya’s hand to catch his attention. "Everything's okay, Alpha. Look at me." Midoriya blinked, his gaze shifting from wondering the growing crowd to look at his Mate. Todoroki gave him that dazzling smile, the one that always made Midoriya’s heart do somersaults. "There you are." The Beta cooed softly.

"There's gonna be a lot of people." Midoriya replied.

"Yeah." Bakugou agreed from Midoriya's other side. "But there's no reason to worry, no one's going to hurt us here."

"Maybe we should have stayed home another day." Midoriya muttered, his eyes scanning the venue.

"We've been at home for days. Another day turns into another day." Bakugou argued. "Gotta come out at some point."

"I know that." The Alpha huffed. "But I just-."

"Izuku!" The sound of Yagi's voice interrupted as he neared them. "Hello Todoroki, Bakugou."

"Good morning." Todoroki replied warmly.

"Morning." Bakugou greeted.

"Everyone else has already arrived and we're almost done setting up so follow me." Yagi instructed as he began leading them through the venue.

"Are we wearing the suits?" Midoriya asked.

"Not this time, maybe for Jump Festa though... they've got a booth but it seems they're still ironing out the details." Yagi answered. "Your make up artist is here, just for some touch ups though, he's a very nice young man."

"Aoyama's great, glad you got rid of that last asshole." Todoroki muttered, Midoriya gave his shoulder a light squeeze. His last make up artist had been... a piece of work put simply. Todoroki had hated her.

They arrived to a space towards the center if the venue. Their section was almost completely set up, the main backdrop was up at one end while the photographer was setting his gear up on the other. Yagi lead them behind the section to a room where the rest of the participating cast had gathered.

"Oh, Midoriya’s here!" Someone called out a few seconds after they entered the room. Suddenly they were surrounded by a group of people.

"We saw the news, we were worried you wouldn't come." A young woman said. She had short, lightly-colored hair, as well as some lighter bangs that resembled a spiral in the way they were styled. "We're so glad to see you!"

"I heard Oguro almost got into a fight over the whole matter." A man of average height with dark, curly hair and pierced ears muttered.

"They shouldn't have been whispering such horrendous things." Another man, one of the tallest and most muscular in the group gathered, with short dark hair replied. There was a prominent scar running diagonally down his left cheek and at this point Bakugou was certain that all Alphas must run around actively trying to get wounded.

"Haimawari got his phone taken away by his manager." A young woman with purple eyes and creamy blonde hair reaching down to her waist giggled.

"What?" Midoriya laughed in confusion. "Why?"

"He was defending your honor and arguing with trolls online." A man with long, spiky brown hair laughed. "It was very entertaining, I never even knew he could use such coarse language."

"That kid is something else." Midoriya muttered fondly.

"That's for sure." A man with spiky blond hair and a faint mustache agreed, a kind smile broke out on to his face. "Hello, you must be Bakugou. It's so nice to meet you, I'm Takeshita!"

"Um, hi." Bakugou greeted in response.

"Well isn't he cute!" The blonde woman squealed. "I'm Takeyama Yu!"