Well Hello!

Artemis:

Wow. I can't believe I'm actually going to start writing a diary about what is taking place in my life as of right now. M'gann says it will do me and a few other team members some good. After everything that's taken place in the Young Justice league, I can't help but feel she's right. Well here goes nothing.

December 4th
Jade just recently moved back in with Will and Lian. It took her over a year of Ra' "therapy" to finally decide to come home. Lian is happy. But of course, four year olds are always happy. I can't believe she is already in kindergarten. Time flies. Will is happy too, but it's been...different. Especially yesterday when we put up the Christmas tree.

Will had just come home from work. Lian and I were attempting to make gingerbread cookies while Jade looked at a Christmas magazine on the couch.

"Haha! Lian! You're getting flour everywhere!" Artemis laughs.
"Sorry Auntie Mouse." Lian blushes.
"Mmmm. Smells good sweetie. Have you finished already?" Jade comments while walking into the kitchen.
"Mommy!! No. Not yet." Lian giggles.
"Well then what is that amazing smell?"
"It's me." Will grins as he walks into the kitchen, freshly showered.
"Ha ha. Very funny." Jade smirks.
"I'm happy you think so." Will smiles.
Jade's dark complexion is suddenly met with a bright peach blush.
"Oooh!" Lian exclaims.
Artemis and Will begin laughing.
"What's so funny?" Jade questions frustratedly.
"Nothing. Let's just go." Will smiles.
"Where daddy?!!"
"Where?! To get a Christmas tree of course!"
"A Christmas tree? Now?" Jade questions.
"Well it is December 3rd. No better time. Unless you're someone who likes to get your tree on Christmas Eve. However, as I recall, when you and I were first married, you brought the tree home the night of Thanksgiving." Will smirks.
"That was a long time ago." Jade lowers her head.
Artemis immediately realized Will and Jade needed a minute and quickly picked Lian up.
"Alrighty! I'll help you put your snow coat on!" Artemis pronounces, taking Lian to the living room.

Will awkwardly stands there while Jade leans against the counter, her head still lowered.
Will turns towards her, lifting her chin gently.

"You're getting as bad as your mom, Jade." Will grins.
"Sorry." Jade sighs.
"Jade. I know it's been hard coming back. But I want you to know, I'm so proud of how far you've come. Leaving Cheshire behind and moving forward. Finally admitting why you left has changed a lot in my eyes. It's made me see you in a better way. Not as a selfishly confused assassin but as a mother who cares about who her daughter becomes. That's a quality many people lack. So please stop beating yourself up about the past. Move forward and change your future."
Jade begins looking at Will with a mischievous smirk.
"What?"
"Now you're getting as bad as my mom."

Will and Jade begin laughing. As their laugh fades, Will carefully tucks a strand of Jades hair behind her ear, looking into her eyes. Jade gently takes hold of Will's wrist, while gazing into his ocean blue eyes. Will slowly begins to lean forward, pulling Jade towards him. Within seconds, Will's lips are pressed against Jade's, while Jade slowly wraps her arms around Will's neck.

After a few moments of very intimate silence and kissing, Lian is heard from the other room.

"Mommy!!!!! Daddy!!!!! Tree time!!!!!!"

Will and Jade quickly separate, and both walk towards the door, grabbing their coats, neither speaking a word.

After driving over thirty minutes to the tree farm, they finally arrive and begin to admire the trees while Will thoroughly examines each one precisely.

"This one's nice." Artemis comments.
"Yeah. Very nice." Jade encourages.
"I like it!" Lian chimes.
"Hmmmmmm." Will intensely observes.
"It's a tree, Will. Not a science project." Artemis responds.
"I'm just not sure." Will slowly replies.

Jade remains silent while rolling her eyes, holding Lian in her arms, attempting to keep her warm. Artemis, obviously annoyed, stands beside Jade with her arms crossed.

After ten minutes, Will stands up, finished with his inspection.

"So we're getting it?" Artemis cheerfully questions.
"Naaah. See here, the wood is chipped. Not good for Christmas lights." Will replies, pointing to a tiny spot on the trunk of the tree.
"Will, If you're that picky, we'll never find a tree before next summer." Jade remarks.
"Haha. Just wait. When we find the right tree that lasts all December, then you'll see who's right."
"Will, we don't need the tree to last us all December, just until Christmas is over." Jade replies.
"Alright alright. Why don't we just keep looking before we freeze to death." Artemis interrupts.
"Good idea, Auntie Mouse." Lian sniffles while snuggling closer to Jade.

An hour later, Will requests for the "perfect" tree to be cut down. Meanwhile, Jade, Artemis and Lian had already made their way back to the car, with the heater on.

"I can't believe he spent that long looking for a tree." Jade says.
"Tell me about it." Artemis replies, smiling at Lian who was sound asleep.
"Soooo...what happened in the kitchen?" Artemis smirks.
"What are you talking about?" Jade casually questions, attempting to hold back a grin.
"I saw you. Looked like you two were enjoying yourselves."
"Whatever." Jade looks away, crossing her arms.
"Ooook." Artemis smiles.

A few moments later, Will gets in the car, immediately giving Jade an ornery look.

"What?" Jade asks.
"You couldn't stay with me?"
"Lian was freezing and so was I."
"Alright, fine. I wouldn't want you to get sick."
"I agree."
"Then again, I could get sick." Will jokingly pouts.
"You brat." Jade smirks.
"Oh really, wifey." Will grins.

Jade responds with another soft blush while Will begins to drive them back home. Artemis quietly sits next to Lian, attempting to hold back a huge grin.

Once they arrive home, Will quickly prepares the tree, screwing it into a tree stand.

"Will, wanna decorate tomorrow? Lian is out and I'm pretty tired too." Artemis asks.
"Sure, Artemis. Mind tucking her in?" Will replies.
"No problem."

Jade finishes putting all their snow clothes away while Will finishes the tree.

"Phew! All done. How's it look?" Will asks.
"Nice. Good job." Jade responds.
"Heading to bed?"
"Mmhmm."
"Oh. Right. Well, sweet dreams."
"Umm...thanks?" Jade raises a brow.
"Sorry. I'm used to tucking Lian into bed. Guess words like sweet dreams have become a habit." Will smiles in embarrassment.
"It's ok." Jade laughs, beginning to walk away.
"Hey, wait..."
"What is it?"

Will immediately walks up to Jade and begins to kiss her, his arms wrapping around her waist, pressing her up against his chest. Fully persuaded, Jade surrenders, increasing their intensity. Within moments, Jade finds herself in Will's room with them nearing his bed.

"Will, I'm not sure we should." Jade breathlessly speaks.
"Why not?" Will questions, barely taking a break from her lips.
"Well, for one, Lian and Artemis."
"They're asleep."
"I know. It's just, we shouldn't."
"Jade. You're still my wife. We never divorced, remember. It's not wrong."
"I...well..."

Will instantly interrupts her, kissing with even more passion than before. Jade quickly ignores her excuses, completely submitting to him.

That morning, Jade slowly wakes up to herself tightly pressed against Will, his arms intertwined around her body.

"Mmm...good morning my pearl." Will smiles.
"Morning." Jade smiles back, snuggling herself closer to him.
"Mmmm...you're so warm." Jade continues.
"You too."
"Jade. That was amazing. You are amazing. I can't tell you how much I've missed this, you." Will continues, softly playing with her hair.
"I feel the same, Will." Jade replies, holding onto Will tightly as he gently kisses the top of her head.