Advice

Artemis:

I'm pretty sure Will and Jade live for chasing after each other. I can't help but wonder if they ever get tired of it. I can't worry about that right now though. M'gann and Zatanna are picking me up later to look at wedding dresses. I'm seriously nervous, but I'm confident they'll help me make the right decision.

(On a rainy, Friday morning, Artemis gets up to find Will sipping coffee alone while staring out the window.)

"Ummm...good morning?" Artemis hesitantly sits next to Will.
"Yeah." Will sighs.
"I slept great. Thanks for asking."
"Huh? Oh, sorry Artemis."
"Anything you want to talk about?"
"Besides the fact that Jade took Lian and left to go stay at your mother's until I come and apologize? No."
"Will, I know you're mad about Thomas, but is it really worth breaking up the family over? I mean, sure Jade will come back, but still, what about Lian? What do you think this is teaching her?"
"Do you realize how stubborn your sister is, Artemis? She's....she's..."
"Impossible? Yeah, I know. But she wouldn't be Jade if she wasn't. It's part of who she is. Does she need to work on it? Yes. But maybe she isn't the only one at fault."
"You mean me."
"Well....yeah."
"Maybe I was a bit sensitive. I just love your sister and I..."
"Get jealous?" Artemis smirks.
"Yeah." Will smiles.
"Hey, I totally get it. Just give it some time and thought. I'm sure you'll feel better later."
"I hope you're right, Artemis."

(Meanwhile at Paula's apartment.)

"Get up, Bum!" Paula pulls Jade's blankets off of her.
Ugghhh!!! I'm still sleeping!" Jade growls as she tries to grab the blankets out of Paula's hand.
"No! It's breakfast time. Lian needs to be woken up and you're her mother. Now go!"
"Sigh....fine."
"Here. It's chilly. Put this on." Paula says as she throws Jade's robe at her.
"What's wrong with you this morning?"
"As long as you're staying with me, things are  gonna be orderly. Starting with you waking up at a decent time."
"Mom, it's six o'clock. Why so early?"
"Because I always get up early and if you want your breakfast warm..."
"Ok. I get it. I'm up."

(After struggling to get Lian out of bed, Jade finally sits down to eat a nice meal.)

"You make this every morning?" Jade admires the large spread of bacon, scrambled eggs, a large bowl of strawberries, grapes and oranges, and biscuits with clotted cream and jam.
"Of course not. But since you're here, I want you and Lian to eat well."
"Mom, we eat well at home too."
"Uh huh."
"Oh I see. You think we eat junk, don't you?"
"I certainly hope not."
"Whatever." Jade crosses her arms.
"Lian. Sweetie, wake up." Paula taps Lian's arm.
"She's not used to getting up this early, mom. School starts at nine."
"I see. Well, perhaps I did wake you up a bit early."
"You think." Jade combs her hands through her messy, black hair.
"Look at you. You're just sad."
"Excuse me?"
"You seriously need a makeover."
"Yeah! Mommy makeover!" Lian chirps up.
"Well, look who's finally awake." Jade smiles.
"I've been awake. Just a little tired." Lian yawns.
"So I see."
"Mommy, you should get dressed up. Maybe even a haircut!"
"Yeah. Like mine." Paula giggles.
"No way. I'm never getting my hair cut that short. But maybe something simple and some new clothes wouldn't kill me."
"How about a mani-pedi?"
"I'll think about it. But for now, I need more beauty sleep. What about you, Lian?"
"Yeeeaah." Lian yawns again.
"Alright. Come here baby." Jade gently picks Lian up, holding her closely in her arms as she walks to the bedroom.
"Oh well. I tried." Paula sighs.

(Later that day at Bowhunter Security.)

"Knock knock, bro." Roy says as he walks into Will's office.
"Hey. How are you doing?" Will looks up from his clipboard.
"Woah. You actually acknowledged me today."
"What are you talking about? I always acknowledge you."
"Yeah right. Lately this week you've been kinda, I don't know, off."
"That's...ridiculous." Will scoffs.
"Uh huh. You do know I'm not buying it, right? Come on. What's goin' on?"
"Sigh...it's Jade."
"When isn't it Jade?"
"Never."
"Dude or uh...boss. Every time you get upset, it usually involves something about Jade. And hey, I'm not complaining, but she must be a piece of work to cause you so much grief."
"It's not like that. Jade actually isn't a big problem causer. Not like when we were younger. We just haven't been doing well recently."
"You mean you're having marital problems?"
"I guess you could call it that. Sigh....she took Lian and is staying at her mother's."
"At least she took Lian this time." Roy teases as Will gives him a sharply raised brow.
"Just kidding." Roy hesitantly clears his throat.
"Maybe I was too hard on her about Thomas."
"Who's Thomas?"
"An old boyfriend."
"Ooooh! Is that what this is about? Willy boy is jealous!"
"I'm not jealous! I...ugh fine! I am jealous! The guy looks like me ten years ago and is my age or close to it. Now tell me, does that sound fair?"
"You mean like abs and everything?"
"Yeah."
"Well I get feeling threatened. Some muscle macho who's Jade's ex comes back to sweep her off her feet, and what do you have to offer? A donut belly and seriously under trimmed toenails."
"Thanks, Roy. You just made me feel ten times worse."
"It's true though, dude. I mean look at you! You need to liven things up! Clean yourself up and make Jade come crawling back to you, begging for forgiveness."
"Hmmm...maybe that wouldn't hurt. But how am I supposed to lose weight overnight?"
"If anyone knows how to do that, it's you."
"I suppose. Well, I guess I could give it a try."
"Great. By the way, I need a raise."
"What?"
"Hey, I just worked overtime pep talking you."
"You're my brother. That's your job."
"Exactly."
"Get outta here. I've got work to do." Will grins as he pushes Roy away.
"Can't say I didn't try."
"I could never say that, Roy. Thanks for the advice. I'll see you later."
"See ya."