Tension

Artemis:

I can't believe it! I'm engaged! Calm down Artemis. You sound like M'gann. But wow! Wally is coming back over later to help me with some of the details. M'gann said that she is gonna take me out and find a dress. But first I need to decide what it is I like. Will and Jade haven't said much to each other this morning. I think it has something to do with that guy who showed up early this morning.

(Around 1:00pm, Jade is finishing laundry while Will is attempting to fix their broken sink.)

"Ugggh!! Stupid thing!" Will yells from the bathroom.
"Need any help" Jade giggles from the doorway.
"No. I'm fine."
"You sure?"
"If I needed help, I would tell you."
"I bet Thomas would accept my help." Jade smirks.
"In more ways than one."
"You're so gross."
"Yeah right."
"What's that supposed to mean?" Jade puts her hand on her hip.
"Figure it out." Will climbs out from under the sink.
"You're so jealous. Aren't you?"
"What makes you so sure?"
"Seriously? Look at how you're acting."
"Knock, knock!"
"I'll bet I know who that is." Will glares.
"I guess I'll get it."
"I'm sure you will."

(A few moments later.)

"Hi Thomas." Jade opens the door.
"Hey."
"Come in."
"Alright."
"Go ahead and sit down. I'll get some coffee."
"No thanks, Jade."
"Tea?"
"I'm good. Actually, I would like it if we could just talk.
"Ok." Jade sits next to him on the couch.
"Where's Will?"
"In our room fixing the sink."
"Interesting. So you two are married, huh?"
"Yes."
"Was he an assassin?"
"Not quite."
"Funny. I could never see you with anyone else."
"Well, love is strange like that."
"Jade, I was hoping we could get lunch or something. What do you say?" Thomas softly rests his hand on Jade's.
"Thomas...I...I'm married. I don't think that would be a good idea." Jade quickly moves away.
"I was just about to say the same thing." Will walks into the living room, furiously staring Thomas down.
"Will, uh...." Jade hesitates.
"It was nice of you to drop by, Thomas. But it's time for you to go." Will puts his arm around Jade's waist, pulling her away from Thomas.
"Will...."
"Uhhhh...riiight. Well, I guess I'll see you later."
"Bye Thomas." Jade frowns.
"Stay here." Will says, walking Thomas to the door before shutting it.
"Nice, Will."
"Jade, I don't want you around him."
"He's harmless. Well, to me. Even if he is a criminal."
"That's great. Jade, but I don't want him around you or Lian. I don't trust him. And he's clearly still interested in you."
"Don't be ridiculous."
"I'm not joking. Stay away from him."
"Will." Jade laughs.
"Jade, this conversation is over." Will raises his voice.
"Sigh. You're ridiculous."

(Later that day, Wally arrives at the house to start the wedding plans.)

"So Wally, let's start with the colors." Artemis sits down, setting a cup of coffee in front of both of them.
"How about neon blue."
"Brilliant." Artemis giggles.
"Do you like pink?"
"I do, but I also like yellow."
"Ok. Yellow and pink. I think we're on a role."
"Hey you two." Jade walks in.
"Hi Jade." Artemis smiles.
"How's planning going?"
"So far, good."
"Yellow and pink, Huh?" Jade reads their notepad.
"Well, we're still deciding."
"Good luck."
"Thanks. Hey, Jade?"
"Yeah Sis?"
"You ok?"
"I'll be alright." Jade lowers her head, walking out.
"Is your sister ok?"
"I'm not sure."

(That night, Wally and Artemis go out to dinner with Lian, leaving Will and Jade alone at home.)

"Will?" Jade walks outside to see him doing archery.
"Practicing?"
"Yep." Will shoots an arrow dead center into the target.
"Still as good as when we were younger. Maybe even better.....um....Will?"
"What Jade?"
"Wanna go out?"
"Out?"
"To dinner or something."
"Alright. I'll go get cleaned up."
"Ok."

(About an hour later at Grilling Girls Restaurant.)

"It's been a little while since we went out." Jade says as she twirls a strand of her hair.
"Yeah. It has."
"I've missed it."
"Me too."
"Hey, are you ok?" Jade grabs ahold of Will's hand.
"I'm fine, Jade."
"Will, I know you haven't been too happy about Thomas coming by. It was a surprise to me too. Even if we had something a long time ago, we don't now. Will, I don't want this getting between us."
"Sigh....yeah." Will looks down.

(After dinner, Will and Jade silently drive back home.)

"Here's the house key." Will hands Jade a small, silver key as she snatches it away from him, pacing inside and slamming the door.
"Careful. We don't want to have to replace the door." Will comes inside.
"Whatever."
"What are you doing?"
"I'm packing."
"What?!"
"I think a day or two away from each other would do us some good." Jade says as she tosses clothes into a suitcase.
"You're not leaving."
"Watch me."
"Jade, this isn't necessary."
"Until you can learn not to treat me differently over an ex-crush, there is no point in us being around each other."
"Where are you gonna go?"
"My mom's apartment. She's been wanting me to visit her." Jade closes the suitcase and walks towards the door.
"Fine. Have fun."
"Not even gonna try, are you. Typical. You've always struggled with that."
"Maybe. But at least I don't run every time there's a problem." Will crosses his arms, giving Jade a grimace.
"I'm not running. Couples need time apart sometimes or they go crazy. And until this Thomas nonsense blows over, I'm not gonna keep arguing with you about it. Goodbye."