Be My Valentine (part 1)

Artemis:
It's Valentine's Day! Ugggh! Zatanna just called me all excited. She said her new guy got her the cutest outfit. I'm not even gonna ask. Jason's out of town, but he did have a flower guy come by the house. It was so embarrassing. Especially when Will is all like, "Hey Artemis, the mailman's here to see you!" He loves to pick on people when any kind of person drops of a package. So corny. Jade always says she hates Valentine's Day, but Will and I don't buy it. Alice in Wonderland looks like it was created for Valentine's Day and you know Jade with that movie. Today is always kinda hard, but I'm determined for it to be good. I remember when Wally would forget Valentine's Day every year. I would get so angry, but deep inside I loved it. He was always so adorable when he realized, but he never failed to make it up to me.

(That moment in the watchtower)

"Batman, check this out!" Flash exclaims.
"What is it?" Batman replies as he walks over to the sound wave signal alerting on the computer.
"What is that?"
"Nightwing and I saw that about a month ago. We have been working on trying to figure it out. But one things for sure, it's not an asteroid. It's alive." Batman explains.
"Alive? But that doesn't make sense. This thing is going in circles. Nothing could survive that!"
"I know. That's what I'm finding difficult to understand."
"Hmmmm..." Flash replies as he sips on his morning coffee.
"Nightwing thinks it's Kid Flash." Batman says before Flash dramatically sprays his coffee from his mouth, receiving a glare from Batman.
"Kid Flash?! That doesn't, it couldn't, he'd be..."
"Dead." Batman interrupts.
"Yeah! I mean..." Flash stutters.
"I know." Batman replies, putting his hand on Flash's shoulder.
"How would we be able to find out?"
"I've been configuring with some numbers and the best way to find out is to go out there and look." Batman says.
"But Bats? The computer shows this thing moving from one dimension to another. This involves more than a bat spaceship and one fast dude. How are we gonna do it?" Flash questions.
"We're not. Nightwing has his entire former young justice team working with him on it. I told him if he needed anything, to call."
"How is it going so far?"
"Nightwing is going to use Zatanna to open up a portal to meet halfway. With Ms. Martian's powers, he thinks he can slow the figure down without hurting it. By using Aqualad's abilities he can help hydrate its body temporarily while Ms. Martian puts it in a coma until stabilized. Meanwhile, Oracle will be observing their vitals from a high tech computer." Batman replies.
"Woah. Not bad. They've really thought his through, huh?"
"Of course. Kid Flash is very important to all of them. I know he is to you too, but I think you should leave it to Nightwing and his team."
"Of course. But what about the rest of his team?" Flash asks.
"They will be preparing the others mentally for the mission. It's going to be very difficult keeping up with a speed force. Let alone trying to stop it. They will need to be completely prepared."

(Meanwhile at the Nightwing's secret hub)

"Ok Zatanna, practice opening the portal, but be careful." Nightwing says.
"Sure thing, boy wonder." Zatanna smirks.
"Red Arrow, how's the tranquilizer going?" Nightwing continues.
"Fine. But it won't do more than slow the thing down a tiny bit." Red Arrow replies.
"That's fine. M'gann will be doing the rest of the work. It's just to weaken the mind for her to access it without a potential fight. Now, how's your practice with bodily fluids going, Aqualad?"
"Please don't let me ever hear you say that again." Red Arrow says.
"Agreed. Anymore practice and this lifelike dummy is going to pop." Aqualad replies.
"Just keep practicing. We can worry about that later. And Oracle, keep looking into the approximate amount of fluids this thing will potentially need." Nightwing explains.
"Ok, ok. Dr. Grayson." Oracle grins.
"So, you still haven't told Jade about helping me by doing overtime, huh Will?" Nightwing questions.
"No. I just don't want her to worry. But after this, no more. Besides, I get plenty of overtime at Bowhunter." Red Arrow replies.
"She's gonna kill you." Oracle smirks.
"Yeah. To be honest, I kinda wish she would sometimes."
"What?" Zatanna says.
"Believe it or not, but I like when she gets angry. She's adorable."
"Did I just hear Will Harper say the word adorable?" M'gann teases.
"Hey now, don't wound my pride." Will laughs.
"Never. Alright what's next?" M'gann continues.
"It time." Nightwing speaks up.
"I'm so nervous." M'gann replies.
"Don't worry. We have been working on this and have mapped everything as best as possible. We have to do it. It's now or never. Who knows how much strength the thing has left in it." Nightwing says.
"Right." M'gann agrees.

(That moment at the Harper residence)

"Hey Sis, do you know where Will is?" Jade says.
"Uuuh...didn't he go to see Nightwing?" Artemis replies.
"What?! He said he wasn't doing that anymore! We were gonna go out together for lunch." Jade frowns.
"Oh, well, I'm sure he just forgot."
"Yeah. I guess."
"Call him."
"Yeah. Good idea."
(Ring, Ring, Ring)
"Hello?" Will answers.
"Hi honey." Jade says.
"Oh, hi darling. Are you ok?"
"I'm fine, but I'm a little worried about you."
"Why?"
"You seem to be experiencing memory loss."
"Uh...I am?"
"Yes. You and I were supposed to go out to lunch, remember?"
"Ohh! Jade baby, honey I'm sorry. I totally forgot."
"I know."
"I'll make it up to you. Dinner. Tonight. Ok."
"Alright, sure. But that's not the only thing I wanted to mention." Jade continues.
"What else, baby?"
"I heard that you went to see Nightwing?"
"Oh, uh..."
"Because if I recall, you promised me that you were gonna stop and Nightwing will only encourage you to come back." Jade interrupts.
"Honey, listen. Is Artemis there?"
"What? Artemis? Yes. Why?"
"Ok. Go somewhere she can't hear me speaking."
"Umm...ok?"

Immediately Jade make her way to their bedroom, shutting the door.

"Alright. What is it?" Jade asks.
"Nightwing thinks he might have found Wally stuck in time and space."
"What?!"
"Yeah. But he's not sure so we're not saying anything."
"But how?"
"I'll explain everything later, but baby, Nightwing needs my help. The old team is helping out too. He has a plan and its starting right now. I need to know that you're ok with it." Will says.
"Does it matter?"
"Of course."
"Sigh. Just be careful ok? I know you want to help but I don't want you getting hurt."
"I'll be fine and home in time for our date. Ok."
"Ok. And Will, I love you."
"I love you, Chesh." Will replies before hanging up.

(That same hour at Paula's house)

"Oh dear. These exercises have really done me in for." Paula says to herself, attempting to begin her daily routine for what felt like hundredth time.
(Ding dong)
"Hmm? Ugh. Ok. I'm coming." Paula exclaims as she opens the front door.
"Hey Paula." A tall, blond man smirks.