Proving A Point

Artemis:

Today I'm going out on a mission with Will. We're both really looking forward to it. We've been so busy with work that a good mission sounds better than warm coffee in the morning. I'm a little worried for Jade though. She has been cooped up for awhile. She seems fine but I know she's hiding the truth. She does that a lot.

Will had just woken up as he turned towards Jade who was still asleep next to him. Deciding to be ornery, Will begins to stroke a strand of Jade's dark hair over her face and within seconds she wakes up, striking Will a glare.

"Hey." Will smiles.
"Hey." Jade irritatedly replies.
"You awake?"
"What do you think?"
"Did I make you mad?" Will smirks.
"No. But nobody likes waking up like that."
"Sorry." Will replies as he leans closer towards Jade.
"Liar." Jade grins.
"Come here." Will smiles as he pulls Jade closer to him, cuddling her tightly.
"Mmmm. You smell good."
"Well that happens when you shower before bed."
"Mmhmm." Jade smiles as she begins to kiss Will slowly.
"I love you." Jade continues in a whisper.
"I love you."
"Hey, I wanted to let you know that Artemis and I are going on a mission today. We won't be home till later tonight."
"What? I hate it when you surprise me like that. And let me guess, Lian is going over to see Amistad and doesn't need me there because Raquel will be watching them." Jade glares.
"Sigh. It's just how I always plan it because before you came back, it was convenient. I guess it has kind of stuck ever since. Why? Is that a problem?" Will replies.
"No. No problem at all. I just don't want you getting hurt."
"I'll be fine. I'm Red Arrow remember." Will grins as he stands up to stretch.
"How could I forget. Red Arrow with a belly." Jade says as she crosses her arms.
"Hey! I'm working on it!"
"I know. Gym. I remember."
"It is nice getting back in the groove of things. Makes me feel like a new man."
"I'm sure." Jade smirks.
"Oh! I gotta go! See you later baby." Will says looking down at his watch before kissing Jade and running out.
"Bye."
"Oh! And don't worry about Lian again. I'm taking her, ok."
"K." Jade replies with a frown.

Later that day, Jade begins going through some of her old boxes deciding what to keep or throw out.

"Hmm...Old books. I'll give those away. Scarf from grandma. Hated that old thing. To itchy and she knew it too. Probably why she gave it to me, knowing her. Crabby woman. Besides Jade, you're not that sentimental. Hmm...first Valentine's Day card from Will. I'll keep that. I haven't read it since I left. Let's see...
'Dear Jade,
I'm not good at crummy messages so you're just gonna have to get over it if you don't like the present. Anyways, Happy Valentine's Day.
Roy
P.s. Hope you like daisies. The store was out of roses.'

Brat. Never knew what even mean words meant to me." Jade says to herself.

Suddenly Jade opens another box revealing a dark green kimono and cat mask with sharp sais next to it.

"It has been awhile. Hmmm...I think I know how to get through to Will." Jade smiles.

(Meanwhile at Gotham Arts Center)

"Run! Go!go!!go!!!" A man in a hockey mask yells, holding a large mace.
"That's enough, Sportsmaster!" Red Arrow says as he shoots arrows at him.
"You good with Sportsmaster? I'm taking Shadow!" Tigress shouts.
"Sounds like you need to learn a lesson, little boy." Sportsmaster growls.
"It's Red Arrow, not little boy!" Will blurts.
"Whatever!" Sportsmaster retorts.
"Uggghh!! Tigress yells.
"Tigress?! You ok?!" Red Arrow panics.

"As Red Arrow looks over, he sees Shadow tackling Tigress, attempting to shadow her to another realm.

"Careful Tigress!" Red Arrow blurts.
"I'll...be...fine..." Tigress struggles.
"Worry about yourself, little boy." Sportsmaster says before Will turns around, getting punched in the face.

While both Red Arrow and Artemis were fighting, non other but Cheshire sneaks in, heading towards the electric box. Within moments every light in the building turns pitch black.

"What the?!" Sportsmaster grumbles.
"Fall back!" Shadow yells.
"No way!" Sportsmaster replies.
"You don't want to deal with who I know it is! Now let's go! We can come back later." Shadow says as he feels for the exit while Sportsmaster angrily follows behind.

A few moments later, a couple lights begin to flicker back on revealing a destroyed art room and two very confused vigilantes.

"Uuh...What just happened?" Red Arrow questions.
"I don't know, but we're not alone." Tigress replies.
"Right. Shadow seemed uneasy. Wonder why." Red Arrow says as he preps his bow.
"Mmmm...I wonder." Cheshire purrs as she sways towards them away from the dark.
"Jade??!!!!" Red Arrow and Tigress yell.
"Ssshhh...Don't reveal my secret identity." Jade teases.
"Jade! What are you doing here?!" Will firmly raises his voice.
"If you get to go out then I do too." Jade replies as she removes her mask.
"But Jade, you're pregnant. It's too dangerous." Artemis says.
"Don't worry. I didn't fight." Jade smirks.
"Nor will you!" Will interrupts.
"What?!" Jade blurts.
"You heard me, Jade! I seriously can't believe this. First, being Cheshire! Second, being pregnant and being Cheshire! You've crossed a line, Jade!"
"Excuse me?! You go out and leave me all alone! I hate it and you know that! I hate worrying about you! I hate not knowing if I'll see you again! I know what those assassins are expected to do if any interference occurs! If they get the chance, they'll kill you! It's praised by other assassins! It's rewarded by Ra Al Ghul! Besides, I wasn't going to fight! I was making a point!" Jade begins yelling.
"We're leaving. Now." Will sternly replies, grabbing Jade's arm before walking towards the exit.
"I'll catch up." Artemis hesitates.

Later that night after picking Lian up from Raquel's and experiencing a very quiet car ride home.

"Go on ahead, Lian. Here are the keys." Will says, handing Lian his car keys.
"Thank you, Daddy." Lian quietly replies.

After Lian closes the door, silence begins to fill the vehicle.

"Jade, I've always been a very stubborn man, but I never stopped you from doing what you wanted. Throughout the time I watched you leave and then come back, I learned something. If I let you do whatever you want, it's the same as saying I don't love you and that's not true. I'm your husband. When I married you, I promised to love, cherish and protect you and you promised to love, cherish and obey me. So when I tell you that I never want to see you in your uniform again, I mean it. Understand." Will says, firmly looking into Jade's eyes.
"Fine." Jade replies, feeling as though Will ignored every fear she had expressed as she begins to leave the car.
"Jade wait. I want to also tell you that I'm sorry for scaring you. I won't go out anymore. I can't expect you to stop if I won't. Ok?"
"Thank you."
"Now let's go inside and spend time with our little girl." Will grins.
"Ok." Jade smiles lightly.