Aftermath

Artemis:

Ok. So I think we can all agree that last night was seriously awkward. I've never seen Will that mad. Not even when he was younger and more, well, you know, hotheaded. But if anyone can push the limits, it's Jade. I kinda feel bad though. I know how difficult being at home all the time is for her. Regardless, being Cheshire was a very dangerous and trying thing for her to do last night with Will around and her being pregnant. Sigh. We're going to my mom's today. I wonder how that will go.

After waking from a long nights rest, Will makes his way to the kitchen to find Artemis studying.

"Yawn! Hey Artemis. How did you sleep?" Will asks as he stretches.
"Oh, hey Will. Good. You?" Artemis replies, handing him a cup of coffee.
"It was fine. Thanks. Mm..hot." Will says, sipping his drink.
"Sorry." Artemis snickers.
"It's alright."
"Is Jade awake?"
"No. She was still crashed out after I got up."
"Did she say anything to you last night after what happened?"
"She said goodnight. But no kiss."
"I guess she was probably embarrassed." Artemis says.
"I didn't mean to embarrass her, but her behavior scares me sometimes. I love your sister very much, Artemis. If something happened to her or our baby, I couldn't live with myself. I had to do something. Besides, we lived that life already and all it brought us was pain, now it's time to focus on our life together as a semi-normal married couple. Will explains.
"No offense, Will, but you two will never be a normal couple."
"I know. I don't want us to be normal. I just want us to put that way of life aside and focus on what's important. The happy part."
"Well, have you tried explaining that to her?" Artemis asks.
"Yes. I tried last night, but your sister is a hard one to get through to."
"Oh believe me, I know." Artemis smiles.

Suddenly Jade walks into the kitchen with her pajamas on holding Lian in her arms. Both their hair practically standing straight up from their pillows, forcing Will and Artemis to hold back their laughs.

"Hey." Jade says before sitting down.
"Hey. Sleep well?" Will grins.
"Yeah. I think I died." Jade replies.
"That does sound like a good sleep." Artemis giggles.
"And how's my little LeeLee?" Will says while playing with Lian's messy hair.
"She was awake, but she fell back asleep in my arms. Last nights movie and popcorn wore her out." Jade replies as she looks at Lian smiling.
"Are you planning on making anything for breakfast or is cereal the only thing on the menu today?" Will asks.
"Yeah. I'm gonna make cream o wheat with bacon. Sound good?" Jade says.
"Oh darling! That sounds amazing!" Will exclaims.
"Jade, are you still up for seeing mom today?" Artemis asks.
"Sure. I guess."
"What's wrong? I thought you would enjoy seeing her." Will says.
"It's not that, it just, she is a bit much to be around sometimes."
"I agree, but she's excited to see all of us and has something to talk to us about." Artemis smirks.
"What?" Jade nervously blurts catching Will and Artemis of guard.
"Sorry. I just hate surprises from her." Jade continues.
"I get it, but it's actually a good surprise." Artemis grins.
"You already know what it is?" Will says.
"Yep. And trust me. You're going to love it!"
"Great. It's probably a coupon for Happy Nail and Spa or something even stranger." Jade grumbles.
"Happy Nail and Spa, huh? I might like that." Will grins.
"I bet you would." Jade smirks.
"You two are certainly something." Artemis snickers.

Later that morning after breakfast, Jade gets out of the shower, wrapping herself in a towel.

"Boo." Will whispers, covering Jade's eyes from behind her back.
"Boo yourself." Jade turns around.
"Are you still mad about last night?"
"Yes." Jade glares.
"Jade, can't you at least try to understand."
"I do understand. But did you have to do all that in front of Artemis? And couldn't you trust me when I said I wasn't gonna fight?"
"Alright, fine. I'm sorry I embarrassed you and didn't trust you. It just scared me, ok."
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." Jade says.
"I know." Will grins before kissing Jade's forehead.
"Did you mean it when you said you would stop doing missions?"
"Yes. Every bit. But you and I will have to go out once every couple years. Just to remind everyone who the pros are." Will smirks.
"Sure." Jade smiles.