Therapy

Artemis:

Well here I am again. It's officially December 7th. I can't believe how close Christmas is already getting and how old I am. Mom just got a call from her physician. He says that with some hard work, she might be walking by next fall. I don't believe him. I hate false hope.

"Are you sure about this mom?" Artemis questions.
"Honey, it will be fine. What could go wrong?" Paula replies.
"You never know, Sis. It could work." Jade comments.
"And if it doesn't?" Artemis continues.
"You know, I agree with Artemis. What if the doctor gets your hope up and then, boom! you're back to square one?" Will says, playfully carrying Lian on his back.
"I understand you're concerns, all of them. But it doesn't matter. Either way, I'll be fine and happy." Paula explains.
"If you say so, mom. Personally, I'd find it difficult." Jade replies, combing her fingers gently through Lian's dark red hair, while Will dazed at her.
"Oh Jade. I can't tell you how happy I am to see you here. And for good too!" Paula emphasizes, grabbing Jade's hand.
"Uuuuh...thanks mom." Jade smiles softly.
"So! How are you enjoying the extra hands, Will?" Paula smirks.
"Oh, well. It's been nice." Will slightly blushes.
"I'm sure! And Jade, how does it feel being here?" Paula continues.
"Great mom. Just great." Jade scowls, picking at her dinner plate.
"Is something wrong with your dinner, Jade?" Will asks.
"Huh? Oh, yes. I mean no! It's good! Really good!" Jade replies, leaving everyone to stare, curiously.
"Jade, can we talk?" Will asks, standing up from the table.
"Uuuh...sure." Jade replies, following Will to his room.
"What's wrong, baby?" Will questions, grabbing Jade's hands.
"Sigh. It's my mom. She's so nosey. She asks so many questions and is constantly digging for information about my life. Sometimes it would just be nice to have privacy." Jade says.
"I get it. Trust me. Your mom is always over. Especially when you were gone, but she just cares." Will responds.
"I know. And I appreciate it. It's just all an adjustment."
"I understand, baby." Will replies, kissing Jade's head while holding her close.
"I love you, Will." Jade smiles.
"I love you, my little Vietnamese woman."

Soon Will and Jade quietly go back to the kitchen with everyone immediately starring at them.

"Is everything ok, sweetie?" Paula asks with a concerned look.
"Everything's fine, mom." Jade replies, looking over at Will who was grinning at her.
"Oh. I see." Paula smiles, then smirks at Artemis who in turn begins hiding a grin.
"Well, anyways. About my appointment tomorrow. Will? Can you drive me? Artemis will be working and Jade, well, you know."
"You know what?" Jade questions.
"Well, you don't have your license, honey." Paula replies as Jade crosses her arms, glaring.
"Sure, Paula. I'll call Jim and see if he can cover me." Will says.
"Great! Jade, honey, would you like to come?" Paula asks.
"Well..."
"Your company would be nice, Jade" Will comments.
"Alright, sure. I'll come." Jade responds, causing Will to smile.

The next morning, Will and Jade wake up to their alarm. Barely awake, Will sits up, looking over at Jade who is covering her head under her pillow.

"Hey, sleepyhead. Time to get up."
"Uggghhh!! I don't want to! It's only 8:00." Jade groans.
"Yeah, but your mom has an appointment, remember." Will replies.
"I don't care. I'm still sleeping." Jade moans.
"Oh really." Will says as he begins tickling Jade ferociously, causing Jade to laugh and scream as she attempts to get away.
"Stop! Haha! Will! No! Ah!" Jade continues.
"What was that? I can't understand you." Will teases.

After a few moments of tickle monster, Will finds Jade positioned in a most attractive manner. Fully indulged, Will begins passionately kissing Jade and within seconds, their intensity escalates drastically, without a thought.

Soon the alarm clock begins ringing again at 9:00, awaking Will for the second time.

"Uggh...now I really don't want to get up." Will grins.
"Mmmm...me neither. Ugh....well, I guess we don't have much choice." Jade sits up.
"Sigh...I suppose you're right."

After showering, Jade wakes Lian to help her get ready.

"Come on, girly. Time to get up." Jade gently kisses Lian.
"Uggh!!! No! Not time yet, mommy!" Lian groans.
"Haha! Looks like she's as bad as you, Jade" Will laughs, walking into the room.
"So it seems." Jade purrs.
"I love it when you purr" Will flirts.
"Do you?"
"Mmhmm." Will walks closer to her.
"Purr! Purr! Meow!" Lian blurts, causing Will and Jade to start laughing.
"Alright. Let's get changed and go, my little kitty cat."
"Ok, mommy." Lian chirps.

Once they had arrived at Paula's apartment, it wasn't long before they were all at the doctor's office. As they walk in, Lian races to the kids play area, leaving Jade to follow after. Will helps Paula sign in, happily explaining every unnecessary detail on each sheet of paper while testing Paula's patience.

"And this little section over here is where you tell them what your here for. This is where you write your date of birth, age, etc. and this is where you..."
"Leave her alone, Will. She doesn't need to know what every dot stands for." Jade interrupts.
"Oh! Right. Sorry." Will blushes.
"It's fine, Will. If I have any questions, I'll be sure to ask you." Paula says.
"Alright."

After about an hour of waiting in the doctors lobby, Paula was called in. Jade agreed to go along after a few moments of whisper arguing with Will.

"Hello Mrs. Crock. How are you doing this morning?" The medical assistant asks.
"Oh, just fine. Thank you." Paula replies.
"And who is this young lady?"
"My oldest daughter, Jade. Her husband and daughter are in the lobby."
"Mom." Jade mumbles.
"Oh sweetie. He is your husband." Paula grins.
"Mmhmm." Jade crosses her arms, looking away.
"Well, Dr, Kortly will be a minute. Do you need anything before I leave?" The medical assistant questions.
"No thank you. We'll be just fine." Paula smiles.
"Are you kidding me?! We literally just waited over an hour in the lobby! We we're on time! What's taking the doctor so long?!" Jade raises her voice.
"Jade!" Paula blurts.
"I'm sorry, miss. Dr. Kortly is running a bit behind schedule. It won't be much longer." The medical assistant says.
"It better not be." Jade glares as the medical assistant leaves the room.
"Jade! How could you be so rude?" Paula frowns.
"Does it matter?"
"Sometimes you go too far."

Ten minutes later, the doctor comes in.

"It's about time" Jade grumbles, receiving  a glare from Paula.
"I'm sorry to have kept you waiting." Dr Kortly says while shaking both Paula and Jade's hand.
"No worries doctor." Paula smiles.
"Great! Well then, let's get started." Dr. Kortly continues.
"If you don't mind, doctor, what exactly are we going to be doing?"
"I'm glad you asked, Paula. With consistent practice and thorough observation, you should be able to start walking again. You see, you lost your ability to walk due to a hard landing. You damaged the nerves. With detailed attention, we should be able to awaken those damaged nerves, promoting them to heal." Dr. Kortly replies.
"Wow! That would be amazing!" Paula smiles.
"If it actually works." Jade comments.
"That's what I wanted to warn you about, Paula. It might not work. Will you be ok with the risk?" Dr. Kortly questions.
"Yes. I want to at least try." Paula says.
"Ok then. I'll show you the exercises you will need to learn."

After an hour of exercising, Paula and Jade leave the room, eventually meeting up with Will and Lian who was asleep in his arms.

"What happened to her?" Jade asks.
"She got bored, started crying for you and then fell asleep while I was attempting to comfort her." Will grins.
"Poor baby." Jade grins, picking Lian up, out of Will's arms.
"Her or me?" Will jokingly questions, causing Jade to smirk.
"Let's get out of here, I'm starving."
"Sure. What do you want to eat?" Will asks.
"Hmmm...burritos?"
"Sounds great. All agreed?"
"Burritos sound yummy." Paula smiles.
Alright. Let's go." Will says, holding the door open for everyone.