I Want You Back

Artemis:

I...I can't believe he's really here. Really alive. Every night I go to sleep, I'm scared to death that I'm gonna wake up and find out this was all a dream. It's been about a week since I found out. I haven't seen him much. But every time I do, he gets so excited. Everyone is around him right now and it seems almost impossible to really talk to him. I get it. Their all happy. I'm happy, but confused. I'm trying to figure things out. Jade's advice has helped me a lot. Who knew. Wally has been examined multiple times now and the doctors all say he's perfectly healthy. It's truly amazing. They are gonna let him leave today. Richard offered for him to stay at his place, but I think he's gonna stay with his parents. Jade mentioned him staying with us. Will said he wouldn't mind for a little while. I'm glad he isn't though. I'm really not ready for that. I don't know if Wally is either.

(That afternoon at Mr. and Mrs. West's house.)

"Wow. My room hasn't changed at all." Wally says.
"I know. I just couldn't get myself to do anything to it. But it is clean." Mary replies.
"It's perfect, mom. Thanks."
"Are you sure? Do you need anymore blankets? I don't want you to get cold."
"I think I've got plenty." Wally grins, noticing the huge pile of blankets next to his bed.
"Are you sure?"
"Calm down, Mary. Let's let him get settled." Rudy laughs.
"Oh alright. I love you, sweetheart. And if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask." Mary smiles, blowing Wally kisses while walking away.
"Thanks mom." Wally snickers.

(As Wally goes through some old boxes, he comes across an old picture of himself with Artemis and Brucely.)

"What happened to us?" Wally sighs.

(Later that night.)

"Are you still hungry, Wally?" Mary asks.
"Oh no! I'm stuffed, mom. Thanks. I can't eat another bite."
"Ok. Would you like pie? It's your favorite."
"Ummm...ok. One piece." Wally smiles.
"That's our boy." Rudy laughs.

(Five pieces of pie later.)

"Ok. I'm gonna head to bed. Thanks for dinner, mom and dad." Wally says, walking away.
"Of course, sweetheart. Goodnight." Mary grins.
"Goodnight, son."
"Night, mom. Night pop."

(After changing, Wally relaxes on his bed as he looks at the photo.)

"Riiiinnnggg, Riiiinnnnggg."
"Hello?" Artemis answers.
"Hey, Artemis. This is Wally."
"Wally? Are you ok?"
"Yeah. I'm fine. It's just, can I see you?"
"Uh...well...sure. Where do you want to meet?"
"The college. Is that ok?"
"Yeah. I'll see you soon."
"Ok."
"Bye." Artemis hangs up.

(Quickly Wally changes into jeans and climbs out his window.)

"I'm gonna go out for a little bit. Ok." Artemis says to Will and Jade sitting on the couch, watching some samurai movie.
"Ok." Jade replies, fixated on the film.
"Where are you going?" Will asks.
"She's a grown woman, Will. Leave her be." Jade frowns.
"I'm just asking."
"It's fine. I forgot something at work. I'm just gonna go get it." Artemis says.
"Aren't you working tomorrow?" Will raises a brow.
"Yeah, but..."
"Sheesh, Will! Leave her alone!" Jade interrupts.
"What? I'm just..."
"Being controlling?! Good grief!" Jade angrily blurts before stomping away.
"Heh. Hormones." Artemis hesitantly laughs.
"You can say that again. Be safe, Artemis." Will replies.
"I will."

(Soon Artemis arrives at the college, looking around for Wally.)

"Hey. Over here." Wally grins.
"Oh. I wasn't sure." Artemis replies.
"Right. So, uh...thanks for coming at such late notice."
"No problem. What did you want to talk about?"
"Well, Artemis. I know things have been pretty hectic lately, but I thought we could talk about us."
"Wally."
"Please just hear me out. I know a lot has changed, but did we? I mean, our feelings for each other?" Wally asks, grabbing Artemis hand.
"Sigh, no."
"Well mine haven't either. Why should we ignore that?"
"It's not that simple, Wally. I still have Jason to think about."
"Jason. Right. So you care about him, huh?"
"Yes. I've grown to."
"What does that mean?" Wally frowns.
"It means that I can't just break his heart."
"Do you love him?"
"Wally, I..." Artemis stutters.
"Just please...answer me."
"I don't know. I do know that I would never want to hurt him."
"Artemis, I don't want to go on without you. I can't. I love you." Wally replies, gently touching Artemis face.
"Wally...I love you too. But..."

(Immediately Wally interrupts Artemis, kissing her passionately while holding her close.)

"Mm...Wa...Wally." Artemis replies, kissing Wally back before pushing herself away.
"Wally. I'm sorry. I...I...can't."
"Artemis, please."
"No. Please...just...just don't." Artemis says, tears forming in her eyes before walking away.
"Sigh...Artemis." Wally sorrowfully whispers.

(Back at the house, after the movie, Will decides to head towards bed.)

"Yaaaawwwwnn! Hey. Ready for bed?" Will says, seeing Jade changing while she just ignores him.
"Is that a no?"
"Maybe you should decide for me." Jade growls.
"Oh come on! Don't start this again! I'm am so sick and tired of how sensitive you've been lately! Sorry! Didn't mean to offend you by asking where your sister was going!" Will yells, slamming the door shut.
"Don't slam the door! Lian is asleep!" Jade yells back.
"I'll slam the door it I want to! And if Artemis is going out late at night, I'm gonna ask why! She isn't paying to stay here! She can leave if she doesn't like it!"
"Oh! So you use that against her now that you've got all you need out of her! Mom's back so the sister can leave!"
"No! I didn't mean it like that! It's just, I guess I'm a little protective! I want to make sure she is safe! Sorry! She's kinda become a little sister to me!"
"Fine! But do you have to keep prying?! I mean seriously Will!" Jade blurts as she gets in their bed.
"Whatever. I'm sleeping on the couch." Will glares.
"Good! Here!" Jade yells, throwing Will's pillow at him.
"Hey!"

(Suddenly Jade sticks her tongue out at Will angrily.)

"Don't act like a child." Will growls.
"Why not? You act like one all the time."
"You sound like a teenager." Will says as he grabs his pajamas.
"Oh really?! Teenager huh?! You wanna see a teenager?!"
"Not really."
"Now your done yelling, huh?!" Jade blurts as she walks up to Will.
"Yelling wears me out. Now go to bed." Will says as he starts walking away.
"Such a old, lazy, boring man." Jade whispers.
"Is that so?" Will turns around.
"Yes!"

(Angrily Will paces towards Jade, grabbing her waist and fiercely pulling her closer to him, violently kissing her.)

"Mm..mm..Will!" Jade struggles.
"Stop fighting me, Jade." Will retorts before picking her up and roughly laying her on their bed.
"Your gonna learn not to be such a monster to the man who cares about you." Will glares before turning off the light.