Scene 17

Phone rings. A woman answers
(janes mother) she drops the phone and runs out .

(Back shot close to her shoulders so we don't see her face. Shes seated facing the doctor.)

(the mum speaks with anger.she is mad .while the Dr speaks softly. almost as if hes not talking at all.)

Dr: im so sorry for your loss.

Mom: what are u talking about melanie is seated right there.

(a girl is seated on a wheel chair facing away.out a big window.dressed in a hospital tunic.)

Dr: that's not her.ur daughter is gone.

Mom: please don't play these shrink games with me doctor. Melanie get ur ass out here.

Dr: (tries to calm the mom down) please hear me out first. she came to me as jane.

Mom: (gives the Dr a say what look)

Dr: ur daughter has severe suicidal tendancies.do u know about this?

Mom: whachyu talm bout.my girl is strong.shed never let nothing kill her not even herself.

(shot goes to all the scene the doctor is talking about .only where there was supposed to be jane and melanie its only jane and shes trying to kill herself.then at that exact moment melanie appears.)

Dr: she has been battling it for a while.so much that she developed a name for it 'Jane' and a self defence mechanism her inner child melanie.

.
(dramatic pause)
Dr: melanie stops Jane everytime shes a second close to killing herself.she stopped her on a bus one night.
(scene flashes back to when she sitting cold on a bus after leaving the bar she had a quickie in) the moment when melanie showed up invading her space.

(Flash back to that scene)
jane is seated in the bus third row from the back, by the window holding a knife to her abdomen that she stole from the bar .it had the initials la dolce vita. Meaning 'the good life' then melanie appears like a figment of her imagination .being positive and throwing good energy.

dr: she stopped her in a cafe she worked in .
(scene goes back to when jane had taken a dishwashing job)
she was tying her apron .alone with a pile of dirty dishes she felt so depressed she broke a glass and pressed it to her skin the attery on her neck.she was about to press deeper when someone loaded a pile of dirty dishes.that someone was melanie an illusion and she began fooling around lifting her spirit and distracting her.Then she picked up a paper an ad for under the stars event.)

Dr: she stopped her from taking pills and dying under the stars one night.
(quick shot of them in the karaoke bar under the stars.where she was about to chug a whole bottle of pills shed stolen from an open handbag but melanie showed up and asked her to join her on stage and they went kareoke singing and laid under the stars afterward to cool off.there was no melanie lying with her under the stars it was just her.)

Dr: she stopped her from jumping off a bridge far out of town.
(scene flashes back to when jane was standing at the edge of a bridge feeling like rose from titanic.she closed her eyes and about to jump when she heard some people screaming having a good time. She got distracted and opened her eyes to see who it was. it was melanie in the trunk of the grey pick up hollering.melanie signaled jane to run .then pointed at the grey clouds to tell her it was gonna rain soon and then they were running in the rain.enjoying it.
(scene skips)
she was watching melanie reciting a poem in the naked souls festival but in truth there was no melanie on stage it was her.loosing herself in a poetry allowing her monsters to come out and play.

Dr: Melanie kept her heart beating while shed taken poison at the back of a van.
(Shot flashes back to when she was at the back of the volks wagen hippie van) catching a ride after the naked souls event, blacking out then waking up to find herself in a weird after party. shed taken rat kill from the event. shed found it lying around. picked it up and drunk it. then when she woke up frightend and struggling to breath. she looked for something quick to finish herself off from the drawer right beside the bed but melanie had asked for help from the group seconds before she blacked out frothing from the poison. The group had helped her recover and took her in. Melanie walks in and threw her a jacket. the scene plays again and melanie is not there.she finds a jacket on the bed they had placed on her since she was cold and alone all the whole time. she puts it on and walks out the door.when shes saying hi to people taking shots and meeting the guy.melanie is not there.

Dr: she wanted to die so bad, she almost crushed a bus full of her friends.
(Scene flashes back to the accident in the bus with her friends when they thought they had run over someone. melanie was not the driver it was her.she had closed her eyes and decided to swerve full throttle.) Then melanie let out a scream to warn everyone else.

Dr:she had to leave them behind.

Dr: However melanie stopped coming around and now she was alone with Jane the part of her she calls no one.

(when she was in the bathroom crying and loosing her mind .she broke the mirror slid to the floor, picked up the sharpest piece and before she could plunge it in her gut the door flys open and a lady walks in.the lady is Jane. Her own demons asking her not to fuck around and do it permanently this time. Pointing to the edege at the patio the building was 7 stories high)

Dr: finally she jumped from a seven story building and flat lined.even in death.she was faced with the ultimate choice.to let go-(jane) or to keep going-(melanie).the reflex of choosing to keep going had already won over so many times and with that melanie destroyed jane. she came back from the flatline.
She destroyed that part of her that had no reason to want to live. She broke out of a perpetual cycle and now she has dettached from who she was completely. she tells me she killed herself.
i ask that you support her.