How They Would Help You Through A Panic Attack

Emily Prentiss: I was sitting with Emily in her apartment. I was reading a book and Emily was answering some work emails. I felt myself start to get really panicked for no reason. I put my book down and gripped my hands together between my thighs something I know helped me calm down sometimes. I felt Emily's eyes on me and I looked over at her. She put her laptop down and said, "Are you okay love you look worried?" I nodded at her trying to tell her I was fine without talking because I knew my voice would betray me. She put her hand on my shoulder and said, "Are you sure my love because you can tell me if you aren't I care for you?" I bit my lip and shook my head and she wrapped her arms around me as I started to sob. She rubbed my back gently. I continued to sob as she kissed the side of my head and whispered calming sentences into my ear. Eventually my sobs turned into quiet sniffles. She tilted my head back a little and said, "Want to talk about what happened my love?" I shook my head and she kissed my forehead, "Okay. Let's watch a movie." I nodded and we laid down so we were more comfortable and Emily turned the TV on putting on a movie from the list of movies we have to watch together.

JJ: I was sitting in JJ's office waiting for her. I don't actually know where she went, but I know she'll be back to her office soon. I had been sitting on the couch because I'm having a panic attack, but I got to freaked out sitting still so I started to pace around her office. The door opened and I turned and saw JJ. She looked at me and said, "Hey babe. What's up do you need something?" I walked up to her and grabbed her hand putting it on my chest which was rising very fast because of how fast I was breathing and my heart was beating really fast. She looked at me with wide eyes and shut and locked the door. She put her hand on my cheek and said, "What's going on love?" I looked into her eyes as tears started to fill mine and I tried to say something, but all that came out of my mouth was a choked sob. She wrapped her arms around me and said, "You're gonna be okay my love. It's okay, but I need you to breath for me in and out slowly." I nodded and started to take slow breaths in and out. After a while my breathing slowed, but my heart was still beating very quickly. She looked at me and said, "You did good a job breathing baby. Is your heart still beating fast?" I nodded and she said, "Okay close your eyes and just focus on slowing your heartbeat. I will hold you the whole time and remember you are safe in my arms." I nodded and slowly closed my eyes focusing on slowing my heart as I relaxed into her arms. Soon my heartbeat slowed from it's rapid beating to a slow pace. I stayed there with my eyes closed for a while just breathing in the scent of her perfume. I opened my eyes and looked up at her. She smiled down at me and said, "Feeling better baby?" I nodded and said, "Yeah Jayje thanks for calming me." She kissed my forehead and said, "Anytime baby. Now want to talk about what got you so freaked out?" I bite my lip then say, "I got a call from my dad he's been asking me for money and when I told him no he yelled at me and told me I was worthless as a daughter and that I owe him because he raised me, but he didn't raise me. My mom died when I was seven and he would keep me in my room unless he wanted me to clean something up or he wanted to hit me. He was always drunk or high or both and I was his punching bag and his maid. I owe him nothing, but yet I still feel like a bad daughter." She put her hands on my cheeks and said, "You are not a bad daughter baby. He is a bad dad and he shouldn't ask you for money because you earned that money and you don't owe him anything because he was a ass to you the whole time you were growing up."

Penelope Garcia: I was walking through the bullpen of the BAU. I was looking for Penelope or Emily because my stalker sent a package to my house with pictures of me and something's from inside my house that I just thought I misplaced. My vision was blurry because of the tears streaming out of my eyes and my breathing was heavy beacause I was freaking out. As I was walking I collided with another body and I heard Derek say, "Whoops sorry Y/N." He said a few more things, but I struggled to understand them. My vision got blurrier as more tears poured out of my eyes. I heard Derek yell something which made me jump and he immeditately apologized. I tried to tell him it was okay, but nothing came out of my mouth. All of the suddedn I felt arms wrap around me and I struggled for a second until the smell of Penelope's perfume filled my nose. I relaxed in her arms and wrapped my arms around her putting my head on her shoulder. I sob into her shoulder and she rubbed my back. She moved back a little and said, "What's going on princess?" I tried to tell her, but my breathing got heavier and I was starting to hyperventilate. A chair was pulled up besides me and Penelope said, "Sit princess." I sat down and put my head down between my knees to try and regulate my breathing. After a few minutes my breathing has calmed down and I looked up seeing the whole BAU team surrounding me in a circle hiding me from the peering eyes of everyone else in the bullpen. Penelope walked out of the circle and towards me as the others tightened the circle blocking me from view still. She knelt down in front of me and said, "Can you tell me what is going on love?" I looked at her and took the package out of my bag, "This was on my doorstep when i got home from work today. It's pictures of me and stuff from inside my house that I thought I just misplaced when I cleaned. It's from her." She looked through the things in the package then handed it to Emily. I grabbed Penelope's hand and said, "Thank you for calming me down baby." She kissed my forehead and said, "Anytime love. You can some stay with me tonight if you want?" I smiled and kissed her, "I would love to."