Chapter 65: Final

Trigger warning: violence, blood, death

Chapter 65: Final

Third Person's POV

Owen stood in front of the alpha's office, hesitating to knock on the door. Ilang segundo siyang nanatiling nakatayo sa corridor. But the situation was urgent at kailangan itong malaman agad ng alpha.

Sandali siyang bumaling sa lalakeng nakatayo sa kanyang tabi. Callahan raised an eyebrow at him as if telling asking what he was waiting for. Nagbuntong hininga si Owen bago kumatok.

"What is it?" the heavy voice of the alpha asked from the other room.

"Do I really have to go through this security to talk to the alpha?" maikli ang pasensya na tanong ni Callahan.

There was silence from the office before Zackary muttered. "Come in."

Nakakunot ang noo ni Zackary nang masilayan si Callahan na pumasok sa kanyang opisina. Sumandal siya sa leather seat, nakahalukipkip ang mga braso habang tinititigan ang bisita.

Callahan sat with the air of an expected guest in one of the seat opposite Zackary's desk. Pinagsiklop niya ang mga palad, resting them on his close legs while facing Zackary.

"What is it?" kunot noong tanong ng alpha.

"You don't look so good," puna ni Callahan. "Is it because your mate isn't inside the town's premises?"

Zackary gave him a glare. "Go straight to the point."

Ngumiti si Callahan at prenteng sumandal sa silya. "You know so well I'm only here when I needed something," he blurted out. "But this time, it was I that you will need."

Lalo lamang nagdilim ang paningin ng alpha dahil sa narinig. He peeled his back away from the leather seat with his eyes fixed on the elite in front of him.

"Mukhang hindi pa nakakarating sa'yo ang balita," muling pahayag ni Callahan.

"I don't have the patience to play mind games, Winslow," tukoy ng alpha kay Callahan.

Walang balak patagalin ni Callahan ang usapan kaya naman sinabi niya agad ang pakay. "An information from Fabrice reached me this afternoon. The beta was heavily injured and Eleanor was nowhere to be found."

The heavy wood desk rattled when Zackary stood from his seat.

"Hindi mo ito nararamdaman dahil ilang daang milya ang layo niya mula sa'yo. But having Alexander in that condition only meant Eleanor is in great danger."

With heavy breathing, the alpha grab his coat to leave his office. Pero bago tuluyang makalabas, isang bagay ang pinaalala ni Callahan. "You can't leave this town. A beta and an alpha can't leave the town at the same time. You do realize that this is what the council is aiming at-- for the town to reach its weakest form--"

The rattling of the glass windows cut Callahan's words short. Nakakuyom ang kamao ng alpha. His entire office was slowly being surround ed by an unsettling energy from him. Maging si Callahan ay hindi ito gustong masaksihan.

"Just send the people you need and stay in town. I can oversee them while searching for her."

The alpha's face was now darkened by his shadowed expression. "For what?" he growled, unable to let anyone or anything stop him from getting to Eleanor.

Despite the air in the office, Callahan couldn't help but scoff. "This is Eleanor we are talking about. She can save anyone but herself," he stated.

"I happen to know where she could be. So let other people handle this situation," muling paalala ni Callahan. "As the alpha, you must know where your priorities lie."