Chapter 12

"Isabella?" I hear my mom knocking on my door. I open it up and let her in, "Hi honey. Are you all packed up and ready to move in?"

I look around my room scanning each of my boxes that are labeled perfectly. I doubt Ethan labeled any of his. "I think so, I can't believe I am moving into an apartment. Thank you again, mom." I hug her.

"You deserve this honey. I know how responsible you are and I trust you and Ethan. Just be safe." She winks and I am actually mortified.

"Oh my God! We will have separate bedrooms!" I remind her.

"I'm just teasing you. Ethan's dad told me he is going to bring a truck by pretty soon so we can load your stuff up. Have you talked to Ethan today?"

I shake my head no and grab my phone off the charger, "I was finishing up packing and didn't even think to look." I look down and I do have a good morning message from Ethan. I text him back, but moments later we hear a honk and he's here with his dad.

"They're here. I am going to let them in if you want to start bringing boxes down?" My mom says to me and heads down the stairs. I grab a few boxes and bring them downstairs. I see my mom hug Robert and I smile at Ethan.

"Good morning Robert and Ethan!" I flash my best smile and head out the door to load the first box in the truck. It is so nice that the apartment is furnished so I can leave my desk, bed, and couches here and won't have to buy anything like that for the apartment.

Ethan meets me outside with another box in his hand, "It's nice your grandparents left you some dish sets for us!" He puts the box in the truck bed and gives me a hug.

"I know it was nice of them." I look up at him wanting his lips on mine. He looks towards the house and then places his lips on mine. "I missed you."

"I missed you, too. I hated packing everything while you were over here doing the same thing, but we will now be together and it will stay that way."He kisses the top of my head.

"Agreed, plus my mom wanted a lot of mother daughter time together which I understand since she will be an empty nester."

"Yeah, that is true. Well we better go back inside and finish bringing the stuff out. We dropped all of mine off earlier this morning." Ethan says to me guiding me to the door.

We load boxes into the truck and when we are finally done we are all exhausted. "Want to get lunch before we move Bella's boxes into the apartment?" Robert asks us.

"Sure!" We all chime in together and head to his truck. We all buckle and I lay my head on Ethan's shoulder as Robert drives us to get food. I rest my eyes as Ethan holds my hand and makes small circles on it.

"We're here kids." Ethan's dad says and gets out of the truck. I hop out and my heart skips a beat when I see where we are. We are eating at Stella's, the last place I would want to be.

"Nick's parent's own this restaurant." I whisper to Ethan giving him a pleading look. I really don't want to tell my mom and Ethan's dad the drama that we have dealt with when it came to Nick.

"It will be okay." Ethan whispers back and gives my hand a squeeze.

We walk in and the host seats us quickly. I am starving, but also paranoid we will see Nick. I made sure to scan the parking lot for his car while we were walking in and it was no where to be found. We all order our food as the waitress brings us our drinks. Our parents join us with small talk and ask us about our summer studies. I am so excited to start college. I have been dreaming of becoming a teacher for years. I finish my food quickly so we can leave faster.

"Are you okay, Isabella?" My mom asks.

"Yes, I was starving. I also would like to get done unloading the boxes at a decent time so I can unpack them before it gets too late." I say all too fast.