Chapter 9

I finally catch up to my mom, "Mom please, I can explain." 

She stops, "How can you explain? I asked you before if you and Ethan were a thing and you said no. Why did you lie to me? After your dad, I thought we didn't keep secrets."

I shake my head, "I was telling the truth. I went on a double date with Jess, Alex, and Nick."

Her eyes go wide, "The same Nick who was driving the other car?"

I nod, "Yes, I haven't reached out to see how he is doing either. I am super upset about it."

"Well, I still am disappointed you didn't talk to me about Ethan. I am really happy for you, but I thought you would tell me."

 I give her a hug, "Mom, seriously it just happened, he kissed me I swear."

 I feel the words stabbing like ice, I can feel the lies beneath my teeth. 

My mom shakes her head, "So, do you like him back?" 

 "Mom!" I groan and she laughs. "I should go back and help him, so we can get out of here faster." 

My mom nods, "Keep that door open." I hurry and go back to the room. I open the door and see Ethan.

"Hey." He says.

"I told her that you kissed me and that that was the first time. She was so upset." 

Ethan raises an eyebrow, "She was upset?" 

He looks hurt, "Ethan, not like that, she was just upset that I didn't tell her. But I told her it was a the first time you kissed me."

"Oh, so this is a new thing?" Ethan kisses my neck and his hands travel up my thighs.

 "Ethan, my mom might walk in stop." I giggle and for once he actually listens.

"Well, we can leave soon. I think the nurse will be stopping by my dad was saying when you were talking to your mom."

As if it was on cue, "Ethan?" The nurse walks in.

 "Oh, hey." He says and smiles at her.

 "I'm just going to check everything then you will be free to go!" 

I grab his hand, "I can't wait to get out of here." He says as she checks his heart beat. I watch her check the things she has to look over on her clipboard, "You have made a near full recovery. The doctor with be in for your medicine and then you are free to go." She flashes a smile and leaves. 

"Medicine?" I ask.

He nods, "It is just because of my heart, they just have to put me on some pills just in case I get stressed. Don't worry about it." He kisses my head and the doctor walks in.

 "Hello, Ethan. Take these pills every night before you go to bed. Do not drive after you have taken them. Go straight to sleep, they can give you hallucinations. Here are the pain killers, too." He goes over the side effects some more and gives the medicine to Ethan, "Since you are 18, you can check yourself out. I think your dad said he had an emergency at his job site. " The doctor leads us to the  waiting room. We check out and leave.

"Are you excited to be in your own bed?" I say as we walk out of the hospital doors.

"I'd rather be in yours." Ethan says with a wink.

"What?" I slap him.

 "Ouch!" He yells, I look at him in fear.

"Oh my gosh, Ethan, I'm so sorry, are you okay?"

 Ethan bursts out laughing, "I was totally kidding." 

My eyes go wide, "You are such a jerk." 

We reach my car and Ethan pins be against it, "You are so beautiful. Thank you for staying with me, Bella. I love you." I smile and he moves the hair out of my eyes.