Chapter 15

I did not just hear Nick right. "What?" 

My eyes are wide and he nods, "That's the only way. You won't survive and you won't be free. Trust me, even your dad can't protect you now. There is another gang called the Gonzalezes and they have been killing some of our guys. They got some information out of one of our guards, Marty about your dad's plans and it screwed a lot of stuff up for us." 

I shake my head, "I can't do that. You know I can't. I won't kill my father."

 Nick puts a finger to his lips, "Don't say a thing and stay quiet. I think someone is coming." 

A few moments later man who was laughing with the guy who kissed me walks through the door. "What do we have here?" I look at Nick, he shows no emotion. 

"Where is our Lord?" Nick asks, not letting go of my arm. I wished Ethan was here with me. 

The man shakes his head, "Gone."

 I look up at Nick. "Okay, I will keep watch of the girl. Have him come back to me when he is here." 

The guy chuckles, "You really think you can get away with this one? She's mine now that he is gone." 

Nick raises an eyebrow and stands up. "You don't want to do this." Nick glares at him, Nick is about half the size of the man, but he stands up to him like he will defend me with a fight. 

"Nick, stop." I grab his arm, but he shrugs me off. "Bella!" He yells my name and I let go. 

The man laughs again. "Sit back down." 

Nick shakes his head. "We're done here. Do not come near her again."

Then man leaves and I grab Nick by the shoulders. 

"What the hell are you doing?" 

Nick glares at me, "Protecting you."

 I back off. I don't know what I'm doing. I just want Ethan, I just want our new apartment, and I just want my dad to realize he can't kidnap his daughter when he feels like it. 

"What is the plan?" I ask Nick. 

He sits back down on the floor. "What do you mean by plan?" 

I sit down next to him and whisper, "My dad." 

He smiles, "I knew what you meant."

I roll my eyes, "Seriously. I need to get out of here." 

Nick nods, "I know you do. I will help you." 

I raise an eyebrow, "Why do you want to help me so bad?" 

Nick turns away from me, "I'm next in line. Ethan won't have to be the leader, I can take over. " I take this all in. Nick actually wants to be a leader of the gang. How could anyone want that? 

"Tell me what to do." 

Nick runs his hands through his hair, "Have you ever shot a gun before?" 

My eyes go wide, "I don't think so. I don't think I can do this Nick." I feel queasy. How could someone kill their own father? 

"I'll do as much as I can. They can't know I'm the one doing it." 

I nod, "Okay. Just tell me what to do." 

"Isabel." My dad storms into the room.

 "What?" I glare at him.

 "What are you two talking about?" I shrug,

 "You would like to know wouldn't you?"

 He gives me a look, "What's wrong." 

I have to laugh, "Seriously?" My dad nods, crossing his arms, "What do you think? You are holding me hostage. You are trying to force my boyfriend to do something he doesn't want to do. You are being delusional!"