Chapter 10

Beep! Beep! Beep! I hit my alarm and get up. I am graduating high school today! I can't believe we finally made it. I go into the bathroom and turn my curling iron on. "Mom! Are you up?" I yell down the hall.

"Just got out of the shower, sweetie."

 I start to curl my hair. I hear my phone beep in the other room. It's a text from Ethan, "Good morning beautiful. I am so happy I am graduating with you as my girlfriend." I smile at the text and go back and finish my hair.

"Buckle up." My mom says as I slide into the passenger seat.

 "I'm not three." I put on my seat belt and my mom throws the car into drive. 

I text Ethan, "Good morning my love. I'm riding with mom instead. She insisted she took me. Do you need a ride or will your dad take you to the school?" 

He responds back quickly, "He can take me. See you soon." 

 I turn on the radio and look out the window. I can't believe I'm graduating today. Life flew by, "Honey?" My mom looks over at me.

"Yeah mom?" 

She smiles as we stop at a stop light. "I am so proud of you, did you know that? Your dad would be too. I am proud of you for the both of us, I love you so incredibly much and you are such an incredible daughter." 

I smile and start to tear up. "Thanks mom."

My mom gets into a parking space and I look for Ethan, I see him and run over to him and his dad. "Hi." I and grab his arm. "We are graduating!" I yell. 

Ethan looks me up and down, "Hell yeah we are. I cannot wait for college." 

I see Jess and call her over. "Hi!" I yell and give her a hug. 

"Oh my gosh, Ethan you have recovered so well!" She says giving him a hug.

 "Thanks to Bel." He winks at me and I nearly blush.

 "Oh, whatever." 

"So, are you guys, like, exclusive?" She winks at us.

"Jess!" Ethan looks over at me, "You told her about the ring?" 

My face goes red, "She's my best friend. She isn't going to tell anyone."

 Ethan looks at Jess, "Promise?" 

She nods, "Pinky swear." She holds up her pinky. 

I laugh, "Okay, let's get our diplomas." We walk into the doors of the high school and there are students everywhere in their caps and gowns. 

"I can't believe you told her." Ethan whispers in my ear, I look up at him.

 "I had to tell someone, she is my best friend." I shoot back. I smile and wave at some family and go into the girls dressing room to put my gown on. 

"Wow, you look good with a graduation gown on." Ethan whispers.

 "You can't be in here. " 

I say looking around for other people, "No one is in here." 

I smile, "We are alone?" 

He nods, I walk up to him and wrap my arms around him. "I've wanted to kiss you since I saw you get out of the car." Ethan places his hand on the small of my back and brings me closer to him. He kisses me.

 "Ethan...we will finish this later. We're going to get caught and I need to prepare my speech." He kisses me one last time.

 "I love you."