Chapter 6

"Ever since Matt's party, I can't stop thinking about you." 

My eyes go wide, "What do you mean?" Ethan releases me from his grip, "Ethan, you told me we were just friends having fun. What is going on?"

 Ethan gets in his truck, I run to the other side, "Maybe I think of you more than a friend." He says this without looking at me. 

My jaw drops, "What?" 

Ethan runs his hands through his hair, "I know you heard me." 

I shake my head and kiss his cheek, "I've felt that way since like middle school, Ethan. I don't know how you didn't notice. I- I tried to hide my feelings, but still you had to know how I felt about you."

 Ethan looks over at me, "Wait, what?"

 I nod, "Yeah... but Ethan we can't do this. What if we ruin what we have? You were the one who wanted to stay just friends. You are my best friend, I can't lose you."

 Ethan smiles, "Bella, I'm not going anywhere."

"What are we going to do? I have to tell Nick."

 Ethan groans, "Oh yeah, him."

 Ethan stops at a stop light, "Ethan please. I like him, I can tell him I want to be just friends." 

Ethan turns down another street, "I don't know. I know he is really into you if he took you swimming at the lake. That is like a code, Bella." 

"What?" I question him.

"Yeah, if you take someone there it means you'll probably have sex." He seethes.

"It was my idea to stop there! I had no idea." I feel so embarrassed.

"Did anything happen between you guys? Did you have sex?" He questions me.

"What? No! We kissed, I promise you that is all." 

Ethan grabs my hand, he seems happy to hear that.  "Want some frozen yogurt? I am hungry and I feel like we still need to talk before I take you home." 

I nod and get out, I look at my phone and see a text from Nick, "Thinking about you beautiful." 

I put my phone back in my purse and start grabbing my Oreo frozen yogurt. Ethan and I go up to the cash register, "Hey Bella!" I look up and see Nick, this is kind of awkward.

"Oh, hey Nick, this is my, eh, best friend Ethan." I look up at Ethan who looks pissed.

 "So you must be the famous Nick." Ethan says with an attitude. 

I grab Ethan's hand, "Stop." I whisper. 

"Are these together or separate?" 

I look up at Ethan, "I got it." Ethan pulls out his wallet and pays.

 "Hey Bella can I talk to you for a minute?" Nick asks me.

I nod and hand Ethan my fro yo, "Ethan can you find us a place to sit?" Ethan goes and sits on the couch.

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to go out Friday?" I look over at Ethan, I don't know what to do. I really like Nick, I don't want to lose him. 

 "Sure! Where are we going?" 

He smiles, "A friend from school is having a party." I think back to Matt's party, with Ethan. God, that was fun.

 "Sure. You can pick me up around 8." Nick gives me a hug goodbye.

 "Your fro yo is melting."Ethan says when I return to him.

 I take a spoonful, "Thats fine it will still be good."