Chapter 13

I wake up to Ethan cuddling me in my bed. I feel so good in his arms, but boy he makes me hot.

"How did you sleep?" Ethan says making me realize he has been awake.

I smile, "Great, you?"

He kisses my forehead, "I always sleep well next to you."

"Same here. You make me feel safe." I turn my head so I can kiss his lips.

"Want to do something fun today? What about going to the lake?"

I smile at his offer, "I would like that a lot. Let me text Jess and see if her and Alex can join us."

I text her and wait for her response. She agrees to join us and I find my swim suit. "I will make us breakfast and then we can go." I slide on my suit and go to the kitchen to make us pancakes and eggs. Ethan loves to watch me cook and I love him watching me. I add little chocolate chips to the pancakes and season the eggs perfectly. I grab the ketchup from the fridge and hand it to him for his eggs. I am so thankful that my mom got us groceries before we moved in, she knows everything that I love. When we finish eating Ethan gets dress so we can go to the lake. I follow him into his room and realize this is the first time I am seeing it now that we live together. I thought there were going to be pictures of girls in bikinis on the wall, but all there is are small pictures of us by his bed.

"I love these pictures of us." 

Ethan steps closer to me, "It has always been you." 

I give him a confused look, "What has?" 

He looks at the pictures, "You have always been the one."

I feel butterflies returning to my stomach, "No, you were always the one for me. I wasn't always the one for you." 

 Ethan points at the pictures, "Look at how I'm looking at you. I always cared, I just was hiding it from myself."

 I look over each picture and his smile is wide, his eyes looking into mine, or over at me. He is laughing in over half of them, "You always hated taking pictures, so I would say the funniest things to make you smile." Ethan says grabbing my hands. He kisses them, "It has always been you." I feel myself blush.

 "Whatever you say." I kiss his cheek and wait for him to get ready to go.

"Let's go." I say once he is dressed. I grab my beach bag that has sunscreen, water bottles, snacks, and towels for us. I lead us down the stairs of the apartment, "Do you want to drive?" Ethan shrugs and I throw him the car keys.

We arrive and the beach is nearly empty. "Perfect timing. People are starting to leave from the heat." I take off my splint as the doctors said to take it off when we I get wet.

"Jess and Alex will be here soon!" I remind Ethan as I hop out of the truck. I am happy the insurance company was understanding when it came to the wreck. Ethan was able to get a brand new truck for a great price since his was totaled. He comes around the corner and he grabs my arm. 

"Will you be okay swimming?" He asks me inspecting it.

"Yes, I only have like one or two weeks left before the doctors say I am cleared." I kiss his cheek.

"Remember when we came here last?" He raises an eye brow at me.

"I think it will be impossible to forget. You ripped my panties." This makes Ethan laugh.

Ethan takes off his shirt, his muscles moving as he slides off his pants revealing his swim trunks. I can't help but check him out. He smirks," What are you looking at?"