Chapter 21

I wake up to Jess's alarm going off, "Jess! You're getting married today!" She groans as she shuts off her alarm, "I can't believe it." Ethan is still sleeping, I nudge him, "Good morning." I kiss his nose, "Good morning pretty lady." He smirks. I stretch my arms, "Jess! Get up!" She finally does after a few minutes, "I have four hours." I laugh,"I know, and it is coming fast." I walk over to her and give her a hug. "Let's do this." We walk over to the bathroom and she starts to brush her hair, "I'm doing your hair." She laughs, "Fine." A minute later I have the now familiar sensation to puke, "I'm going to be sick." Her eyes go wide, "Are you okay?" I ask her to leave and I run to the toilet. I hear her knock, "Are you sure you are okay?" I wipe my mouth, "Yeah, it's been going on for a while now." I open the door and see her look full of concern, "Are you serious? Have you been to the doctor?" I shrug, "It's probably the flu." She rolls her eyes, "I'm getting you an appointment." I groan, she knows how much I hate going to the doctor.

I finish her hair and it looks perfect, "Are you going to do your own makeup?" I ask her, she smiles, "Sure." I let her do her thing and I join Ethan on the couch, "Hey." He kisses my cheek, "Hey." I rest my head on his shoulder, and then I notice the bruises on his knuckles. "Ethan." He looks at me, "Yeah?" I grab his hand, "Are you okay?" He shrugs, "They don't hurt." I can't believe he hit his dad and got injured from it, I wonder how Harry is feeling. Jess comes into the living room, "How do I look?" She looks so amazing, "Beautiful!" I get up and give her a hug, "I got you a doctor appointment before you leave tomorrow, Bella." I roll my eyes, "I'm fine!" She hugs me, "Just in case." Alex comes down stairs, "You look so beautiful. I can't believe we're getting married." She hugs him, "I can't wait! Are you guys ready to go?" I grab Ethan's arm, "Yes!" We follow them upstairs and out the door.

Ethan starts up his truck, "Ready?" I hop in, "Always!" We follow them to the courthouse and I take in a breath when I see Ethan's dad, he has a black eye, "Ethan?" His grip tightens on the steering wheel, "Did I hit him that hard?" I kiss his hand, "Trust me, he has already forgiven you." We follow behind everyone inside the courthouse, "Ready?" Alex asks everyone one last time, "Yes!" We all exclaim.

"I can't believe it! We're husband and wife!" Jess screams as the judge signs the papers. "I love you." He kisses her. Ethan won't stop staring at Harry, "Just talk to him." I whisper. He shakes his head no, "There's nothing to talk about." I roll my eyes, "Seriously? I know them being together bothers you." He shrugs, "I'm over it." I groan and walk over to my mom, "Hey!" I hug her, "I can't wait for their real wedding with everyone." She smiles, "It will be so great." I look over at Harry, "How is he doing?" I whisper, she gives me a half smile, "Not the best, he doesn't know how to handle the situation." I nod, "I can't believe Ethan hit him." She looks between the two of them, "They need to talk about it. We all want to be happy." I agree with her, love works in mysterious ways.

My mom and I ditch Ethan and Harry so they can talk. I want things to go back to normal, my mom treats me to lunch at Shirley's, "I'm getting the bacon cheeseburger with fries." My mom raises an eyebrow, "You never get that." I shrug, "I want to try something different I guess." We order our food and as I wait I look at my phone. Ethan is looking everywhere for me, "I'm going to call Ethan." I excuse myself and dial his number. "Hey!" I say when he answers, "Where have you been?" I love that he's worried about me, "My mom wanted to have some mother daughter time so she took me to lunch, why what are you up to?" Ethan sighs, "I was going to talk to my dad, but I couldn't do it. It isn't the same anymore."

"Ethan, you need to talk, trust me he has already forgiven you." Ethan groans, "I don't even know what to say." I look in the window at my mom, "Say that you're sorry, but I gotta go my food is here. I love you." I head back inside, "Love you too." He hangs up and I join my mom back at the table, "How is Ethan?" I shrug, "They haven't talked yet." She rolls her eyes, "Men." We start eating our food and I didn't realize how hungry I was. "You need to slow down." My mom says between bites, "I'm hungry." She laughs, "I miss having you around." I smile, "I know, but Charlotte isn't too far away."