Housearrest

Continued-

A frustated Haseena ran towards his study room and opened its door with a thud..he was calmly reading his mystery book there..

HM- kyun kar rahe hain aap yeh sab?! Investigation na jaane kahan tak pahunchi hai..aur humein yahan aapne band kar rakha hai..(irritatedly)..maana humne aap par bharosa na karke gunah kiya hai..par iska yeh matlab toh nahi haina ki aap jaan bujh kar hamara case delay karenge..

She was totally frustated..housearrested at his place since a week..no communication modes available. Just him and her. All day he didn't speak a word except for calling her to eat supper.

AS- aap bhul rahi hain ki aap iss waqt prime suspect hain aur apko takreeban 6 saal ko jail aur 2 Crore ka jurmana bharna pad sakta hai..aur hum senior officer hain CBI ke..so behave well..humein koi shauk nahi hai apke sath ek chhat ke neeche rehne ka..

They sat silently...while he got a call..he went outside to talk..she roamed around..
She saw his childhood pics with his baba..his eyes did shine when he was with his hero..his baba...she smiled a bit..next was his picture with Karishma..they were teens..she smiled seeing how protectively he wrapped his arm around his sister..next was his pic with Maa...his arms were around her shoulders...they were really looking adorable...obviously she didn't find any of her pics with him..ofcourse, why would he keep them till now? She sighed.

He came back after the call..and found her asleep on the couch in the study room...he took a deep breath..but his lips soon curved into a smile as she was sleeping carefree..and was looking cute..he soon came out of that feeling..

AS- Miss Malik! (loudly)

She woke up hurriedly..resulting in a sprain in her ankle..he immediately went towards her and made her sit..he examined her ankle while she was just looking at him..he twisted it without a warning and she screamed...but felt that the pain had vanished..

HM- Thankyou..

AS- hmm..ab aap dinner kar lijiye..fir so jaiyega..

She hummed and went silently for dinner..

After dinner

AS- ek phone hai aapke liye..

HM took it...

HM- hello?

M- Haseena?

HM- chachaji? (looked at Anubhav)

M- beta, woh tere kagzaad the na zameen ke..

HM- ji..

M- woh main dobara le raha hun Mansi ke naam pe..

Haseena was shocked..

HM- ch..chachaji? Apko bharosa nahi hai humpar?

M- baat bharose ki nahi hai beta..sara case tere khilaf hai..main kya kar sakta hun..chal ab rakhta hun theek hai, khyal rakhna..

And he cut the call.

Haseena looked at the blank screen with tears in her eyes. He took the phone back.

HM- sach mein, jab koi apna vishwas nahi karta toh dil toot jata hai..

She said crying and fell on his chest..he simply wrapped an arm around her..after crying for a good 20 minutes, she fell asleep on his chest...he carefully carried her and made her sleep on bed..he wiped the tear marks on her face through his hankerchief.

AS- aap sochti hain hum jaan bujh kar yeh case delay kar rahe hain..par satya se toh aap door door tak avgat nahi hain Haseena...(smiled sadly)

He dimmed the lights and slept in his room.

A laser light was pointing on haseena's sleeping figure..a countdown of 3 and bang!

Anubhav woke up with a lot of sweat on his face..he ran towards her room but was relieved to find her sleeping..he saw the time..it was 5 am..he tucked her back in the blanket as it had fallen down and went for his routine workout.

Haseena rubbed her eyes and saw the alarm clock..it was 7 am..she looked around and remembered what happened last night. Her heart felt pain remembering Mahipal Chachaji's words. She went out to search for him..and finally found him doing pull ups on the iron rod..she gaped at him as his sweaty body was quite visible under his vest. He jumped down and switched his earpod on..

AS- ha ritu..bolo..

Her name itself irked HM..

AS- jaan humne kaha na..jald hi yeh case khatm karke aayenge hum tumse milne..fir shaadi ki baat bhi kar lenge theek hai?

Her heart broke. Finally he found the one.

AS- hum bhi bhot prem karte hain aapse jaan...jald milenge..bye!

He removed his earpod and saw HM standing there...pain quite visible on her face.

----------------
Words-800
----------------

~Upcoming- The Gunshot~

Do vote and comment if you find chapter and story worth it..😊😊

-Lovelove❤❤