Chapter 8

Nova

I don't know how someone could come up with the most pointless errands and tasks, but Aries Grayson was a fucking champion in this matter. If I wasn't running to the random coffee places he found online with an order so long it was embarrassing then I was getting him a sushi roll that didn't exist.

No sushi roll had different flavors in every cut. I wanted to smack his head with a book. A really heavy, very thick book. Preferably more than once. He was driving me up the fucking wall. Of course, I couldn't argue with him or smack him since he was my boss, so I was reduced to being a smiling and obedient secretary.

Thankfully his niece was keeping him preoccupied and he wasn't in full attack mode. He paged Mick to get him a chicken nugget meal for his niece and while he was at it, Mick grabbed us something to eat as well.

What sucked about his niece being over was how insanely hot Aries was with her. He called her princess for fucks sake. What was it with seeing a man be nice to children that had women's ovaries screaming? I don't know. Mick came back with burrito bowls for us and set them down with our drinks before knocking on Aries's door.

"What do we say, princess?" He asked and I spun to see her holding the food to her chest.

"Thank you, Mick." She grumbled and Aries raked his fingers through his hair as he smiled at her.

"Thanks, Mick," Aries said tilting his head and then his eyes met mine.

He glared at me for a cool minute and then rolled his eyes before closing the door. He could be as childish and as immature as he wanted. I didn't have time for this. I was hungry and tired and working harder than usual.

Mick and I dug into our burrito bowls while talking about our personal lives. He was currently dating his friend's sister and was telling me about how annoying his friend was.

"He comes with us on every single date." He muttered as he added more hot sauce to his rice. "He doesn't leave us alone. I can't kiss her, touch her, grop her, or even fuck her."

"Just get him a girl to go out with, that way he's occupied with that. Then you'll be left alone to fuck his sister wherever you wanted," I said, and reached for a tissue.

"That's a great idea. He loves blondes." He said. "Where can I find a hot blonde that's single and would do anything to help her friend get laid?" He fake thought as he looked over at me, which I ignored as I took another bite of my meal.

"No," I said when he wouldn't stop staring. "Last time I dated one of your friends, the fucker got mad because I wouldn't pay half for the meal he asked me out on."

"You're right, he was a fucker. I don't even talk to him anymore. But Lennard is a close friend, so I'm sure it'll work out since he likes serious relationships or whatever."

"His name is Lennard?" I almost gagged. "You're not doing a good job at selling this date."

"His last name is Lennard. His first name's Brayden."

"Brayden is an okay name, I guess." I wiped down my counter and tossed my trash away. I sat back down in my chair and sipped on my drink. "Age?" I asked, beginning my interrogation.

"30."

"Job?" I asked.

"Accountant."

I nodded slowly. It wasn't the hottest job out there, but then again I was a secretary. "His last relationship?"

"Uhm...a year ago I think."

"Who broke up with who and why?"

"She left him. Cheated."