Chapter 22

Nova

The first thing I did when we got there was calling my mother. I didn't know if it was on the news, but I just wanted her to hear it from me. After reassuring her that I was fine, that I wasn't hurt, and us crying over the phone she was reassured.

She didn't want me spending the night at Aries's and I comforted her by telling her Aries would drop me off in an hour. The last time I saw Leila she was threatening to hit me. It's not like I expected her to take another swing at me, and what was weirder was that she didn't.

After Rosie and Leila hugged Aden and made sure he was okay, they came and hugged me. It was surprisingly not weird. They hugged me, held me, comforted me, and rubbed my back as they cooed at how brave I was for being in that position.

With a kiss goodbye, Aries left with his brothers and his father into the study leaving me with the three women. His mother was an angel. She was soft in her voice, beautiful as she smiled and talked to me.

She demanded I didn't call her Mrs. Grayson, that she had a first name for a reason. Bridget. Aries's nieces and nephews were in another room playing with their toys while the last one Leila had was in her lap as she nursed him with a shawl over her chest.

A boy. Alias, she said his name was, and with all the A names it made me dizzy.

"Why so many A names?"

Rosie laughed. "I don't even know. Alex didn't even press for an A name when we had Ashton. I just wanted his name to be Ashton. Then Angel came along, and I don't know. Alex named her and I fell in love with it." Said baby girl named Angel was in Bridget's arms swaddled up in a light pink blanket fast asleep. "How about you? Do you want any kids?"

I almost choked on the wine. I set it down and they chuckled teasingly as they watched my reaction.

"I've never really thought about it. I think I'm too young for kids."

"Wait, how old are you?" Rosie asked.

"Same age as Aries, maybe a few months younger."

Leila nodded her head and I saw her move the shawl as she tucked her breast away so she could burp her baby. "I never thought I wanted kids until I met Aden. Each person is different."

"Do you want more?" I asked, looking down to see her cradling her son in her arms.

"Yes. I want a whole soccer team." Leila smiled. "but not now. Now, I just want to focus on Ariana and Alias and Aden."

"How about you?" I asked Rosie.

"We're talking about it, but not now. Not until Angel is all grown up. I don't want to neglect her and Ashton."

"Is it crazy being married to these men?"

Leila rolled her eyes. "I'm not even married yet 'cause Aden is taking forever to ask me."

Bridget laughed, sitting up straighter. "He still hasn't asked you yet?"

"No, Bree, your son is taking his sweet time." She joked. She cradled her son in his blanket close to her chest and ran her fingers over his forehead. 

"Aries told me he wants to propose, but that it just keeps getting delayed." I added.

She nodded. "We all know he's been wanting to ask. I'm this close to just going to the secret location of where the ring is and putting it on." Leila said and I laughed. "It's like who does he think does the laundry in the house?"

"Just do that," Rosie said, waving her hand. "Alex didn't even propose with a ring. Your son didn't even ask me, Bree. Did you know that? He just demanded it."