20. A new start

6th of september 1535
Chateau de Fontainebleau, France

"You don't have to get me ready for bed tonight." Catherine said to her maids.

It was hours later and she had just returned from dinner.

She had hardly been able to hide her smile from the thoughts of what she and Henri would be doing tonight.

"Why not?" Camilla asked curiously as she sat on one of the chairs in the bedroom.  Laura sat next to her, the other ladies-in-waiting had already taken their leave for the evening.

"Because I say so." Catherine said. She went to the closet and took out a dress. It was a simple white dress with no corset.  "Help me dress."

The maids went straight to work. They wondered why their mistress wanted to get dressed so late, but kept their mouths shut.

When Catherine was dressed she took a seat behind her dressing table from which she got rid of the pins in her hair.

"thank you, you can go, you don't have to sleep in my room tonight." Catherine said to the maids. The maids curtsied and left the room.

"Are you expecting a visitor?" Laura asked. "No." Catherine said as she brushed her hair.

"Are you going to visit the prince then?"  she asked again. "Laura, why all these questions?"

"Because you are getting ready for no good reason and it is my job as Governess and lady-in-waiting to watch over you. Now you may go and tell me where you are going, young lady."

Catherine sighed in exasperation. "Henri and I are planning to start speaking our vows again. As a way of starting over."

"How great!" Camilla exclaimed enthusiastically.  "So you guys are making up?"

"That's the idea, yes." Catherine put a few drops of perfume oil on her neck and wrists.

"Shall we come with you?" Laura asked.  Catherine shook her head. "We want to do it without anyone around. I have total privacy."

Catherine got up from the chair. "It's time for me to go. Just rest and I'll see you tomorrow."

༺༻

When Catherine entered the chapel of the palace, she saw Henri already standing at the altar.

Henri was dressed in loose brown trousers and a shirt. His brown hair was tousled on his head.

"Catherine." He greeted her with a smile when he saw her walking towards him.

Catherine smiled broadly at him.  "Husband." She stood in front of him.  "Shall we?"

Henry nodded.

"I, Henri of Valois, take you, Catherine Maria Romula Di'medici to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life." Henri said to Catherine.

The last time he said these vows he hadn't meant a word of it. But now, almost two years later, things have changed. They had an agreement, a pact.  These vows now meant much more than before.

"I, Caterina Maria Romula Di'medici, take you, Henri of Valois to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the  days of my life.". She looked at Henri who gave her a wide smile.

"And now you may kiss the bride." Henry said jokingly. Catherine giggled. She leaned forward and kissed Henri on the lips. She felt the warmth of his body against hers when she stood so close to him.

The first time their lips touched. Their first kiss.

"Let's go." Henri said. It sounded more like a mumble because Henri's lips were still on hers.

"Mmm." Agreed Katherine. She hurried out of the chapel. Towards her own rooms.

When they got there, they did not wait.  Before they even reached the bedroom, he had stripped himself of his shirt and Catherine's dress was already on the floor of her audience room.

Catherine jumped onto the bed and was soon followed by Henri who pressed his lips to hers again.

Soon his lips wandered from her lips, to her neck, her breasts and her stomach.

Catherine's hands wandered over his curls and back. She could hardly hide her moans.

When Henri burst in with his manhood, she almost screamed with pleasure. She didn't care that the guards at her door could probably hear them.

It was now just Henri and Catherine.

This was different from their first time together.

She knew right away that Henri had been with other women during his stay at the foreign courts. And she doesn't mind because those women had ensured that Catherine was now having the fun of her life.