Chapter 16

Amelia was alone in Damien's house. He had dropped her off, insisted that she make herself comfortable while he picked up a few supplies, and then left her with a brief kiss on the lips. She was sitting patiently in the living room, awaiting Damien's return when she received an incoming call. She dug through her coat pocket for her phone and raised a brow when Lily's name appeared across the screen. It was rare to hear from her colleague on a weekend, but she accepted the call anyway and pressed her phone to her ear.

"Hey, Lily," she greeted. "Is everything okay?"

"I should be asking you that," Lily responded. She sounded breathless and frantic. "I just ran into your boyfriend who told me to call you. Did something happen?"

Amelia pulled her brows together. "My boyfriend?"

"The first one," Lily answered. She clicked her tongue a few times and grunted. "You know — the really hot one who bought you that dress."

Amelia laughed and removed her coat to make herself more comfortable. "Where would you have run into Damien?"

"I was grabbing... lunch," she said with hesitance. "Right by some jewelry shop which I may or may not have seen a bag for. I think they sell rings or something."

"And he asked you to call me?"

"Yes," Lily said, sighing. "He told me that something happened this morning and you may need a friend."

"Oh, right," Amelia said through a light chuckle. "My mom dropped by this morning."

"You mean the mom that you barely talk to?"

She nodded, although Lily couldn't see her. "Yes, and she's moving back with my dad to a country that they fled."

"I'm so sorry, sweetie," Lily said. Amelia could practically hear her frowning. "Should I come over to talk about this?"

Amelia smiled at the kindness in her friend's voice. "I appreciate that, Lily, but I'm actually at Damien's place right now."

"Alone?" she asked, gasping. "Please tell me you checked for hacksaws and chains."

Amelia laughed. "He might have chains and other gadgets around here, but I have yet to find them."

"Just be careful," Lily warned. "My food's here, so I'll talk to you later."

"Thank you for checking in by the way."

"Of course, sweetie. You're my friend, so you can talk to me about anything."

"I know," Amelia whispered, sighing softly. Hearing those words had lifted a heavy weight off her shoulders. "Enjoy your lunch."

"Bye, babe," Lily said before ending the call.

Amelia looked down at her phone with a smile and tucked it away inside her coat. Then she peeked inside the bag from Madam's House that Damien had left on the coffee table and retrieved the body harness and vibrator. She bit her lip at the idea of the smooth silicone against her clit and instinctively pressed her thighs together. She wanted to test the product herself, but she knew she'd be met with punishment if she didn't wait for Damien.

She was filled with anticipation for their next lesson and wanted to be ready before Damien returned. So, she placed the toy back inside the bag and brought the harness upstairs. She peered into each room, searching for a full length mirror, but none of them were equipped with one. She was nearly out of options until she reached the end of the hall. The large set of doors tempted her to enter, but she remained rooted in the carpet of the hallway as she studied the white painted wood and gold door handles.