Reflection

NOTE* So I just realized in the last chapter that I said "Three groups failed and the others continued on..." that doesn't mean those groups are out of the game yet. Every group gets 5 chances, so they are all still in at least until Challenge five. Sorry about the confusion! Enjoy!

Chapter Twenty-Five:

Battle of the Minds Pt 3.

KID POV

Kaito collapsed onto the bed. He had to admit that he was pretty tired after yesterday and all the traveling done today.

"Get dressed for bed before you sleep", stated Hakuba watching him.

"I am going to transform in a couple hours anyways. It doesn't matter."

"You would be more comfortable for a while."

"I suppose", Kaito agreed, getting back up to grab his black batman PJs.

"Batman, seriously?" asked Hattori with a snicker.

"Don't laugh, Batman is awesome!"

"He does have a little bit in common with Kaitou Kid" commented Hakuba.

"See, even Hakuba thinks so!"

"That is not exactly what I said", Hakuba mumbled, seeing that Kaito was deliberately ignoring him.

"Yeah whatever KID!" Hattori laughed.

Kaito just glared and gave a mock pout as he pulled them on and then collapsed back onto the bed again.

"Do you have a fever?" asked Shinichi coming over to the bed. His small hand reached up and touched Kaito's forehead.

"Nah, I just a bit tired."

"Well you answered the first challenge for us, so you're not a complete waste of talent", laughed Hattori.

Kaito and Shinichi both ignored him as Conan pulled the blanket up and over the teen. Kaito went out like a light almost immediately.

"Wow that was fast", Hattori whispered as he stared down at the kid.

"I told you about what happened to him. His body is much more tired than even he realizes. Don't wake him up, it will be hard enough for him when midnight comes and he screams himself awake."

Hattori paled at the thought.

A knock on the door had everyone pausing as Conan shuffled over to it.

"Yes?" he asked cutely.

"Ah, little boy", a maid said with a smile, "can you give this to your team please?"

"Sure."

"Night boy", she called as she walked away.

He watched her go for a moment before closing the door and locking it. He opened the small white envelope, the same as the first challenge and began to read it out loud to the others.

Heiji Hattori, Conan Edogawa, Kaito Kuroba

You three have been accepted into the record books as an official team. For your win this afternoon, I have added to this note a specific clue just for you. The other teams who won will also have a clue, however the losers will not. The more you win, the more clues I will give you as a reward.

Your reward for your first win is the following clue:

At Midnight Tonight when the clock strikes 12, I will come to collect what rightfully belongs to me. I am behind my own reflection and I can see only what I am made to see. Though beware the one who dares disturb me, for I will take what I want and flee.