Kiss the Surface

Enjoy everyone! This is my WELCOME BACK TO JAPAN mini adventure :D

Poor guys, they never have it easy lol

Chapter Seventy-Nine:

Kiss the Surface

Kaito knew something like this would happen! It always happened, no matter where they went, someone died or something bad occurred around them. It was as though the three detectives just sucked Lady Luck into a vacuum and instead allowed the grim reaper to tag along with them wherever they go!

"It's not that bad", Hakuba stated, a bit annoyed with the thief's thoughts from where he trudged through the plane's cargo hold.

Kaito glared at the ceiling, being sure to emphasize his glare in the others mind.

"I beg to differ, Hakuba!" he yelled, "Else I would not be flying this stupid plane with Kudo as my wingman while you and Hattori track down a retard with a gun!"

Hakuba rolled his eyes, but Shnichi and Heiji just smiled at the rant. Finally, things were getting back to normal between the two. Lately, Hakuba had been rather moody since their departure from England, but of course, one can only remain so moody so long when Kaito was around.

"It's not like this was my fault", Hakuba argued.

"Your right, I blame all three of you. You all are jinxed!" Kaito growled as he checked the gages on the planes readout. Kudo beside him huffed a laugh from the co-pilot seat.

"Don't even laugh Tantei-kun! This was mostly your fault to begin with."

"My fault?" Kudo asked with a frown, "how is it mine?"

"You are the one who had to get us involved!"

FLASHBACK! 11 hours ago...

"Welcome passengers, please find your seats. Take off will begin in twenty minutes", the stewardess announced as new passengers stepped into the plane.

"Hey, lady!" a man yelled, "Want to come entertain me until the plane takes off!"

The stewardess ignored the man as she turned to greet the four Japanese teens who had just stepped on board.

"Welcome, please find your seats. Take off will..." she sucked in a breath when a hand grasped her wrist.

The young woman turned to the man with a grim smile.

"Please return to your seat and release me", she replied calmly.

"I want you to come with me babe", the man slurred, obviously drunk.

"I suggest you release her", Kudo stated with a glare.

The man glared back.

"You want something from me Punk?!" he shouted.

"Leave this young woman alone", he stated again.

The man wasn't about to let some random foreign teen talk to him that way. He drew his hand back and prepared to throw a punch, but was stopped when another man walked up behind him and grabbed the others arm.

"Enough idiot, you're causing a scene!"

The drunk turned to his friend before throwing a glare back at Kudo.

"I will deal with you later punk", he hollered as his friend dragged him back, further into the plane.

"Thank you for helping me, but I had it under control", the woman stated with a friendly smile.