Point of View

Note* Hahahaha (Evil laughter) I have another riddle, can you figure it out before the team does?! I hope you like it and that it makes sense! You have no idea how hard it was to come up with these 'O.O' Still! It was really fun! Enjoy!

Chapter Twenty-Eight:

Battle of the Minds Pt 6.

HATTORI POV

"Game starts now. Good luck."

Hattori wasted no time. As soon as the voice ended its announcement, he began looking around the room. First he studied the body. The man was rather heavy looking, probably about 230-250lbs he estimated, right around 5'10 in height most likely. The man was balding on top, but had a well groomed face. He glanced at the red splash across the man's chest as well as the dark bruise circling the man's throat. Was he strangled and then shot or maybe shot and then strangled? Looking closer, it looked almost like a stab wound, but the hole was rounder.

Heiji looked up at the desk and chair. Did he perhaps fall from his chair when shot or was he lifted out of it when they came to do CPR?

He noticed the blood on the front of the desk as well as half written letter, not fully finished still laying there. He also noticed beside the man a stray pen with blood on it. He glanced at the window large enough for a man to get through and noticed the pane was open, but there was a steel netting over the opening, undisturbed. No signs of tampering. He took note of the air conditioning vent near the floor. He also took into account the chandelier attached to the ceiling. There was no sign of forced entry and the door apparently locks from the inside when closed. It can only be opened with a key.

"Three minutes remaining" warned the voice.

Hattori knew he couldn't get much else out of the room so he headed outside, ignoring the curious looks he was getting from his teammates. He didn't want to feel nervous.

Hattori felt better stepping outside into the clear evening air. He was also happy his team didn't follow him outside. He started towards the side of the house, heading for the window of the office when he noticed a random chain lying in the grass, nearly hidden behind the air conditioning unit. A coincidence?

Heading towards the window, he noticed from this angle what appeared to be a tree only a few feet to the right of the window. Good position to see into the room, Hattori thought as he looked the place over. He didn't see much more outside. Sighing, he was just about to head in when he noticed something shiny lying half buried beneath the dirt under the window. Kneeling to get a closer look, he was surprised to see what appeared to be an earring. Another coincidence or was this truly planted evidence? He didn't know, but he filed the information away for later as he headed back inside, his mind going over the information he gathered.

Was he ready to make a guess?

Hattori took the notepad and pen and slowly began to write, being careful with his word choice. He showed it to the maid who smiled and handed it back to him. He sighed deeply as he headed back to his team who were all watching him with something akin to regaled interest.

"So?" asked Kaito, "What does it look like?"

"I found an earring outside the window, a chain almost hidden behind the air conditioning unit and there was a tree to the right of the window. Unable to be seen from this room's window unless looking at it from a particular angle. However outside, it has a perfect view into the office."

"Anything else?" asked Conan, mentally taking notes of what Hattori had said and what he himself could see from the entrance of the room.

"I checked the body over. I would say a male, around age 50, balding hair, weighing at around 230ish pounds and reaching a height close to 5'10. I found blood splatter on his chest and on the front of the desk as well as on the pen beside the body. There are markings on his neck showing signs of being strangled with something, not hand shaped. Also the wound on his chest seems like a bullet wound, but has the marking of perhaps a stab wound. However the entry is round and not thin like a blade. There is also a half written note on the desk, not completed."