Mary Poppins For A Roomate

Drista had calmed down, but two days later she was in the back of a van. Nothing but a suitcase and a head full of thoughts. She should of saw this coming, but she was too busy being a delusional kid.

When they pulled into the parking lot, Drista looked out the window. The grass was greener here, the trees were happier. Then her eyes settled on the sign, and her stomach filled with dread and angst.

"XD Academy For Troubled Youth"

"Great, a religious school..." Drista muttered under her breath. It didn't seem like she would be having any fun here. Although she barely had real fun at her old public school.

The van parked and the driver got out, fetching Drista's things from the back. A police officer pulled in beside them, mostly to scare Drista into cooperation as they settled her in.

Walking through the halls, Drista felt a weird sense of relief. Definitely not from the religious gimmick. It was like she was meant to be here though. She couldn't explain the feeling but she savored it while she could.

She was pushed into the headmaster's office first. After taking a seat in front of him, he looked up at her. He was an older man, wearing a necklace with XD's Mask on it. Of course he was religious, of course.

"Hello there, Mate..." He spoke with an accent, but Drista wasn't sure if it was British or Australian. "What's your name again?"

"Drista..."

"Nice to meet you." He extended his hand and Drista shook it. "Most of the students refer to me as Mr. Philza."

"And what do the others call you?" Drista wondered.

"Not important..." Mr. Philza handed Drista a couple pamphlets. They were about various things. How to navigate the grounds, how to live a happy life, what to do in a mental crisis, and of course one was about their savoir. "These should help you get more informed. You're probably tired from your travels, are you ready to get settled in?"

"Yeah, the guy said he was going to bring my things to my room." Drista didn't actually know the name of the man that escorted her there.

"Okay, awesome." Mr. Philza stood up and walked to the door. "There's a medium sized uniform waiting in your dorm. If it doesn't fit, let me know. I'll get you a new one."

"Cool...um..." Drista followed the headmaster out of his office. "About roommates?"

"Yes, you're in luck. A student just left, leaving one of our girls without a roommate. You'll be paired with her, she's lovely." Mr. Philza insisted while showing Drista to her room.

Drista sighed, at least it was only one person. She could always act violent if she wanted a room to herself, at least that was her plan. It wasn't like there was a lower place for her to go. Maybe prison, but she was too young for that.

Mr. Philza knocked lightly on the door. Drista would be on the second floor, room 45.

A bubbly brunette opened the door with a smile. "Hello, is there a problem?"

"That depends on your new roommates behavior." Mr. Philza teased and put a hand on Drista's shoulder. She immediately batted his hand away. "Treat her well, you know how hard being new is."

"Of course!"

"Drista, this is Lani. You'll be rooming with her for the year. She'll help you get comfortable." Mr. Philza introduced them to each other.

"Hell-" Lani was cut off.

"Did they bring my things here?" Drista inquired.

"Um, no?" Lani shook her head.