Oh, Mother

Billy had taken you and Johnny to the fair today. It was a beautiful day and you were excited when he asked you to come along. You hadn't had 'the talk' but you were spending a lot of time together lately.

He was at your house all the time or popping up at work to say hi. You had also been having sex, and lots of it. You couldn't get enough of him. Robin still had her eye on him but she could tell he was making you happy and she wanted you to be happy. She was just worried he'd end up breaking your heart.

Lucky for her you kept your heart pretty guarded. Though you slowly felt him breaking down those walls. "Wanna ride the Ferris Wheel?" Billy said breaking you out of your thoughts. You grinned up at him. "Definitely!"

"What do you say, Johnny?" Billy said reaching out his hand to your brother. Johnny took his hand. "Definitely!" he copied you nodding his head, smiling. The three of you waited in line for the ride when you heard a voice behind you. "Y/n!" Shit. You turned around. "Jacob.. hey." you said awkwardly.

Billy reached down and grabbed your hand. He wants him to know you're with him. Jacob looked down. "So this is why you haven't returned my calls?" he said raising an eyebrow. "She hasn't returned your calls because you were a complete dick to her." Billy said.

"Billy, it's okay. I can speak for myself." you said looking at him. He huffed but nodded at you. "I didn't return your calls because you were a complete dick to me." Billy laughed. Jacob didn't find it quite as funny. "So what? You just fuck anyone these days?" Jacob said angrily.

Billy stepped forward letting go of your hand. "I'd choose your next words carefully, Smith." he said looking him in the face. Jacob laughed but he looked uncomfortable. Jacob wasn't a fighter and he knew he couldn't win this fight. "Whatever, man. Have fun with my sloppy seconds." he said turning to walk away.

"At least I can make her cum." Billy said with a deep chuckle. Jacob turned around. "I...What did you say, prick?" Jacob said, clearly embarrassed. Billy grabbed his shirt and swung knocking Jacob to the ground. "Billy!" you said pulling him back. "Sorry babe, he's got a smart mouth." he said grinning. "Okay, let's go." you said grabbing his hand. "That was cool!" Johnny said. "No, buddy. That's not...we'll talk about it later." you sighed.

Johnny grabbed Billy's hand and loudly whispered to him, "That was cool!" Billy laughed. You rolled your eyes. "Who wants cotton candy?" Billy said. "Me, me, me!" Johnny cheered. You got him some cotton candy and you and Billy waited for him while he rode a little train around the track.

Billy reached over and put his hand in the back pocket of your jeans, leaving it there. You smirked at him and raised an eyebrow. "What? My hands are cold." he smirked back. You leaned up and kissed him. "You're cute, Billy Hargrove." "Cute?" he scoffed. "I'm not cute." "Agree to disagree." you smiled.

You all had a great time at the fair. Billy pulled into the driveway and you all climbed out of the car. Johnny walked inside and you and Billy stayed on the porch. "I had a lot of fun tonight." you said holding his hands. "Yeah, me too." he said giving you a quick kiss. "Can I come see you tomorrow?" he asked you. "I'll think about it." you joked.

"Sissy! Sissy!" Johnny came running out. He looked scared. "What's wrong, bud?" you said quickly. "Something's wrong with mommy." he said running back inside. "What?" you said running after him. He went into the bathroom and you saw your mom on the floor. Puke coming out of her mouth.

"God damn it." you quickly turned her on her side so she didn't choke on her vomit. Billy appeared behind you. "Oh, shit. Is she okay?" he asked. "Get him out of here, please." you said pointing to Johnny. Billy scooped up Johnny and took him out of the room. He came back a few seconds later.

"Call 911. Tell them we have someone overdosing." you said calmly. "Shit. Yeah, okay." he ran out of the bathroom. Your mom started puking again. Don't die on me now. You patted her back and kept her on her side. You moved her hair out of her face.

"Someone's on the way." Billy said looking at your mom. "Are you okay? Is there something I can do?" he said looking back at you. "I'm fine. Can you sit with Johnny?" you asked him. "Yeah, of course." he said. He reached down and rubbed your cheek before leaving again.

The ambulance arrived shortly and you watched as they took your mom and put her in the back. "You did good, sweetie." one of the paramedics said. You smiled weakly at her. "Not my first rodeo." you said and she looked at you with sad eyes before leaving.

You lit a cigarette and sat on the porch watching the ambulance drive away. Billy came out a few minutes later. "He's asleep." he said softly sitting next to you. You nodded. "Are you okay?" he asked you again. Please stop asking me that. "I'm fine, Billy. It's just another Friday at the y/l/n house." you said a little bitchier than you meant to.

"Y/n," he pulled you in. You leaned against his shoulder. "I'm fine okay." you said again, your voice shakier this time. "Can I stay with you tonight?" he said softly. "I guess.. if you want to." you whispered. "I want to." he said holding you tighter. Don't cry. You felt your eyes well up with tears. You groaned and stood up walking inside.

You headed towards your room, the tears falling uncontrollably now. Normally you were alone for this part. Billy followed you inside. You climbed in bed and he crawled in next to you. "Come here," he said pulling you into his arms.

You laid your head on his chest and let your tears fall. "It's okay. Everything's okay." he said. You looked up at him through your wet lashes. "Thank you, Billy. For staying." you said.

BILLY'S POV

She looked up at you, her eyes filled with tears. "Thank you, Billy. For staying." she said her voice quiet. You had never seen anything like that before. You were panicking but she had remained calm through the whole situation. Poor Johnny having to see his mom like that.

And y/n, Jesus. She shouldn't be so used to this. You felt awful. You had never met a girl like her. You had never felt this way before but you knew in that moment, as she looked up at you, that you loved her. "I.. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else." you said ignoring what you wanted to say.

You couldn't tell her that. You weren't even dating. You weren't sure if she even wanted to date. She just got out of a serious relationship and maybe she just wanted some fun. You also weren't sure that you were the right guy.

You didn't do serious relationships. But you had never felt like this either. You pulled her in and kissed her forehead. You felt her tears falling on your chest. You stroked her hair. Eventually you felt her breathing become deeper and more regular. She was asleep. You held her close and drifted off to sleep.