Enough

"I'll see you later, baby." Billy said leaning in to kiss you. "Can't wait." you chirped happily. Things were going so good with the two of you. "Billy, wait!" Johnny said running up to him. "What's up, little man?" Billy smiled down at Johnny. "I have to tell you a secret." Johnny said and Billy leaned down.

You leaned in closer. "No girls allowed!" Johnny said. "Okay, alright." you said throwing up your hands laughing. Johnny leaned in and whispered in Billy's ear. Billy nodded. "Good plan." he said winking at him. "Time for the bus, Johnny." you said grabbing your keys. "I'll see you after work." you said kissing Johnny's forehead and he ran off to the bus.

"And I'll see you after work." you said kissing Billy gently. "What was that little secret all about?" you smirked at him. "He um.. he wants me to take him to a baseball game. Just me and him." Billy said. You smiled at him. "He really likes you, ya know?" you said reaching out to grab his hand. "He's a good kid." Billy said returning your smile.

"I love you." Billy said deeply looking down at you. Your heart fluttered in your chest. "I love you." you said looking into his blue eyes. You both went your separate ways, heading to work. You couldn't wait to see Robin and fill her in on everything that had been going on.

"So he loves you, huh?" she said taking a bite of her sandwich. "Mhmm," you sighed blissfully. The store was empty which was pretty normal for this time of day. You hopped up on the counter. "I'm happy for you, y/n.. and he better not fuck this up." Robin said.

"I don't personally see all the hype with the guy." Steve said walking from the back of the store. "Really, Steve? I'm a lesbian and I can admit the man is attractive. He like.. drips sex." she said chuckling. You smirked at her. "He is yummy." you agreed.

" you agreed

"Whatever." Steve said rolling his eyes. "When are you gonna come for dinner, Steve?" you said. You had invited him over multiple times since you started dating Billy but he really hated the guy. "I've been very busy, y/n.." he said. "Johnny misses you.." you tried. He grinned. "Yeah.. I.. I miss him too. Maybe sometime this week I could figure something out." he said looking at you. "Perfect!" you smiled.

You finished your shift at work, picked up Johnny, and headed over to Billy's. He was taking his car to the shop today so you said you'd come scoop him up. You pulled up and parked along the street. You glanced up and saw Billy being pushed down roughly on the porch. Shit. "Johnny, stay in the car." you said jumping out.

Billy's POV

"What the fuck?" you hissed as your dad threw you up against the wall. He hit you hard in the face. You stood there for a second gritting your teeth. Fuck this. You swung back hitting him in the jaw. "Oh he wants to fight back. I always thought you were a little pussy." your dad spit.

You swung at him again hitting his nose. He tackled you to the ground and began throwing punches at your face. You felt the blood running down, tasting it on your tongue. You grinned up at him. "Get up and fight, bitch." he screamed standing up. Enough. You stood up and wiped your nose, blood smeared across your hand.

"I'm done with you." you said staring him in his eyes. Your dad laughed. "Where are you gonna go? You're little whore will get tired of you soon enough." he said stepping closer. "You're nothing, Billy. Nothing but a screw up. She'll see that too and you'll come crawling back." Your eyes stung with tears. You spit in his face. "Fuck you, dad." you said.

He grabbed you by the shirt and threw you through the screen door. You fell backwards on the porch. You stood up quickly grabbing his head and slamming it into the door. You blacked out. You were filled with rage as you continued swinging. "I'm not a little kid anymore." you shouted. All the times of him hitting you flashed through your mind. Thoughts of your mother, California, the only time you were truly happy.

"Billy!" you heard y/n's voice but it sounded miles away

"Billy!" you heard y/n's voice but it sounded miles away. Tears were streaming down your face as you felt arms around you pulling you off of your dad. You looked up to see y/n. "Billy.. that's enough." she said, her eyes wide. You looked back over and saw your dads face. You winced at the sight. "Billy?" you heard a tiny voice. You looked over and saw Johnny standing at the top of the steps.

You stood up quickly. "Johnny, I told you to stay in the car." Y/n said quickly running over to pick him up. She carried him over to the car and put him in the back seat. Your adrenaline was pumping and you were sweating heavily. "Billy.. come on." you felt her hand in yours. "No.. I. Did I scare him?" you said looking towards the car.

Y/n's POV

Billy's face and hands were bloody. His dad looked awful. He laid there on the porch groaning. "He'll be fine." you said softly. But he had scared him, he scared you too a little. It was like he wasn't even there. You touched his face gently. "Let's just go." you said. He was crying. He put his forehead against yours. "I'm sorry." he whispered. "I'm a fuck up." he said his eyes closed.

"No.. no you're not." you said kissing him lightly. He opened his eyes looking into yours. "I love you, Billy." you said. He nodded his head still pressed against yours. "I.. I love you too." he said. You walked over to the car and he climbed in the passenger seat. He immediately looked back at Johnny. "Hey, kid." he said trying to give him a smile. Johnny stared at him, his face scrunched up, his arms across his chest.

Billy looked at you. "It'll be okay." you said reaching over to take his hand. He pulled away and rolled the window down, lighting a cigarette. Great. "How about some ice cream, Johnny?" you said looking at him through the mirror. "Okay, I guess." he mumbled. "I need a drink." Billy grumbled. This is fun. "Okay, so liquor store and ice cream shop." you said. Neither of them responded. You groaned and turned on the radio.

You went and grabbed Johnny's ice cream first and pulled into the parking lot of the liquor store. Billy jumped out and went inside without saying a word. "Johnny boy?" you said. He looked at you eating his ice cream cone. "Are you okay?" you questioned. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Everything's gonna be okay." you said softly. "Is Billy okay?" he said his eyes watering. "Oh.. Johnny. Billy is gonna be fine." you said reaching back to grab his hand. He gave you a small smile. Billy came out carrying a brown bag and sat down in the seat. He laid his head back against the headrest for a second. He sat up reaching over and taking your hand. You smiled at him. He gave you a little nod and you started the car, driving home.