Healing

Billy's POV

Shit. Y/n had planned for you and Max to spend the day together. She wanted you to "bond." This should be interesting. You glanced over at Max who was sitting in the passenger seat of your Camaro. "So.. uh.. what should we do?" you asked awkwardly.

Max shrugged and looked out the window. Right. You kept driving until you noticed a park to your left. You had picked her up from school so Max's skateboard was laying in the backseat of your car. You turned left and hopped out of the car.

"What are we doing here?" Max said, stepping out after you. "There's a little skatepark here... you like skating, right?" you said, hoping for any positive reaction. A small smile formed on her lips. Okay, nice choice, Billy. She grabbed her board and you both walked towards the ramps.

You glanced over at her to see her walking with her head down. You wondered how she felt about all of this. I was a dick. A major one. "Max?" you said and she paused. "I really am sorry.. about before." you said and she looked up at you. "I know." she said softly.

"I mean it. I'm not just saying it for y/n. I was angry all the time.. but it wasn't you." you said, feeling guilt in your stomach. "Let's just try not to be a dick." she said, smirking and you chuckled. "Got it." you said. She took off on her skateboard and you watched as she rode it effortlessly. Maybe we can do this.

Max's POV

Leave it to y/n to try to mend this broken relationship. You had to admit, you were pretty damn happy. Y/n made you feel loved. She had a warmth about her. And little Johnny was like a little brother to you, already.

You felt like you had a family, a home. But then there was Billy. Things had been okay. He hadn't had an outburst since his last one and he really did seem happy. You could tell how much he cared for y/n and Johnny.

Like he would do anything to protect them. Would he ever care for me like that? You stopped your board and looked over at him. He leaned against one of the ramps smoking a cigarette. Should I? No... damn it. You skated over and handed him your board.

He looked at you, confused. "Let's see what you got." you said, as calmly as possible. We need to talk, to interact. Billy scoffed. "I don't think so." You tried to hide the disappointment on your face as you turned quickly.

"Wait.." Billy said suddenly. You turned back around and looked into his eyes. "If I bust my ass, it's your fault." he said, taking the skateboard from you. You smiled watching him try to stand on the board.

He gave a push with his foot and the board flew out from under him and he fell to the ground. You paused, waiting to see his reaction. Is he... laughing? "Fuck, Max." he said, chuckling deeply. You raised your eyebrows and bit back a smile.

"I thought you were a surfer." you giggled. "It's a little different... Jesus, my ass." Billy groaned. You walked over and stuck out your hand. He grabbed it and let you pull him up. "Again?" you asked. "No.. nope." he said, rubbing his arm.

"Hmm.. didn't take you for a quitter." you said, shrugging and walking towards the board. Billy ran over and snatched it up before you could grab it. "I'm not a quitter." he said, giving you a small smile. You returned his smile and gently took the board from his hands.

"Start like this." you said, as you hopped on the skateboard. You made a slow circle coming back to him. Billy got back on the skateboard and slowly pushed off the ground. He managed to get his other foot on the board and rolled a few feet.

He looked back at you smiling and you gave him a thumbs up. Uh oh. "Billy, the ramp!" you yelled but Billy didn't stop in time. The board hit the side of the ramp and Billy landed on the ground once again.

He laid flat on the ground as you ran over to him. "Are you okay?" you asked, leaning over him. He smiled. Weird. "I'm good. But I think I'm done with skating." he said as he sat up. "Yeah... maybe you stick to surfing." you said grinning.

Y/N's POV

You sat on the floor, playing trucks with Johnny. You had sent Billy and Max out for some bonding time. You really hoped it was going well. You knew Billy could be good. Max needed to see that too, he needed to be that for her.

You heard laughing and glanced up at the front door. Max was smiling up at Billy as he made a joke. Hmm.. mission accomplished? "Hey y/n!" Max said, smiling. "Hey! Did you guys have fun?" you said, standing up.

They looked at each other and started laughing. "Max tried to kill me, but luckily I'm made of steel." Billy said, chuckling. He walked over and kissed your lips softly. You smiled into the kiss. Johnny jumped up and ran over to Max.

"Max, will you play trucks with me?" he said sticking out his bottom lip. "Sure, buddy." Max said, sitting on the ground. Billy pulled you into the hallway and immediately pressed you against the wall.

"Hi." he said deeply. "Hi." you whispered before crashing your lips to his. "Mmm." Billy moaned into your kiss. "I missed you." he mumbled against your lips. You looped your fingers in his belt loops and pulled his hips to yours.

"I missed you, too." you hummed. He put his forehead against yours. "Thank you." he said. "For what?" you asked, still holding him close. "For helping me heal." Billy said. Billy. Before you could respond he lifted you up, your legs wrapping around his waist.

He kissed you deeply. Your hands tangled in his hair as your tongues swirled together. "Get a room!" Max groaned and you turned to see her and Johnny at the end of the hallway. "Yeah.. get a room." Johnny copied and you and Billy laughed as you slid back to the floor.

"Sorry." you giggled. Max made a gagging noise before smiling at you. "Who's ready for dinner?" you said, clapping your hands together. "Me!" Max and Johnny said at the same time. They both turned towards the kitchen.

You felt Billy against your back. He gripped your ass tightly as he leaned down to whisper in your ear. "Mmm.. tonight baby?" he groaned. You turned and kissed him. "Absolutely." you bit his lip lightly as you pulled away.