Never Again

Billy's POV

Fuck. The officer presses your head down as you duck into the back of the police car. You glance out the window to see y/n crying. You shook your head and gave her a smile and a wink. She blew you a kiss and you gave her a little nod in return.

As you pull away from her house, your stomach twists. This isn't good... fucking prick. Your whole life he'd put hands on you and the one time you finally stand up for yourself, he calls the cops. He's a bitch.

You weren't worried about jail. That shit was easy. It's her. Her and Johnny. And Max. You actually had people who cared about you. It was an unusual feeling. One that made you slightly uncomfortable. And this is why. I fucked up, again.

Y/n's POV

You watch as they pull away with Billy in the car. Steve and Robin are at the park with Johnny... shit. You quickly walk inside and dial the number to the police station. The receptionist answers with a simple "Hawkins Police."

"I need to speak to Hopper." you say. "It's urgent." you add quickly.

"Hold, please." the receptionist says and you hear mumbling in the background.

"This better be important. I haven't finished my coffee yet." Hopper grumbles.

"Hopper, it's y/n. They took Billy." you say trying to keep your voice steady. He sighs into the phone. "Y/n... there's nothing I can do. Neil is pressing charges." his voice has softened slightly.

"Hopper please. You know that's bullshit!" you say, your voice rising with every word. "Neil is the one who started it." you begin to cry.

"Y/n..." Hopper tries. "Please." you beg. "You and everyone else in this town knows what happens in that house." you say, anger building inside of you.

Hopper groans and you hear him say something to the receptionist. You hear papers rustling and then he speaks again. "I can do my best to get the price of his bond lowered. But y/n.. the law is the law. I'm sorry. You will have to bail him out." he says.

"Okay..." you say with a little more hope. "And y/n... he has to come back for his court date." Hopper adds.

"Yeah... okay." you say. You talk with him a few more minutes about the process and the amount. How the fuck am I supposed to come up with that?  Even with Hopper's help, the amount was high. "Thanks Hopper." you say before hanging up the phone.

You walk to your room and dig around your dresser grabbing your little shoe box of savings. Not even close.

You sit on your bed and allow yourself to cry. This isn't fair. You hear the front door open and his little footsteps running down the hall. You quickly wipe your tears and put on a smile as Johnny appears in your doorway.

"Hey buddy." you say as he meets you with a giant grin. "Steve fell off the slide and it was the funniest thing I've EVER seen." he giggles. "Robin pushed me.. and it wasn't that funny." Steve appears behind him.

Johnny looks up at him and starts laughing again as Steve shakes his head. Steve looks up and catches your eye, immediately taking notice of your expression.

"Hey bud, why don't you go see if Robin needs help with the snacks?" he says gently and Johnny nods and takes off.

Steve walks in and shuts the door behind him. "Hey.. what's going on?" he asks and your tears begin to fall again. He makes his way over and sits next to you on the bed and you lean into him.

When you can speak you finally explain the situation and he listens carefully. "Shit, y/n.. I'm sorry. We'll figure this out okay?" he tries to soothe you.