An Unlikely Pair

Billy's POV

Y/n was a wreck. You had never seen her like this. She hadn't slept at all. She was in the kitchen on the phone with the police station figuring out what she needed to do to get Johnny home. Poor little Johnny. That kid needed her. "Okay... and if he won't sign it? Then what?" you heard her say. "Yes.. yes I understand. Thanks, Hopper." she said before hanging up. She stood there in front of the phone not moving. You saw tears start to stream down her face again. Shit.

You walked over and wrapped her in your arms. She buried her face in your chest. Steve and Robin sat on the couch. Robin's head rested on his shoulder as she dozed off. "What did he say, babe?" you said softly. "He has to sign over his rights." she said sniffling. "Do you think he will?" you said holding her close. Her shoulders shrugged. "I haven't seen the guy in years but he's a stubborn asshole. He probably thinks this is all hilarious." she said her voice breaking again.

She looked up at you and you saw the pain in her eyes. "We have to get him back, Billy." she said. "We will. I promise you, we will." you said kissing her forehead. "Robin?" you called over. Steve shook her awake lightly. "Why don't you help y/n take a bath real quick." you said and she nodded standing up. "I don't want a bath. I.. I have to get him." she said pulling away from you. "There's nothing you can do right now. Take a hot bath, relax for a second and me and Steve are gonna brainstorm, okay?" you said holding her face in your hands.

Robin wrapped her arm around her waist and pulled her towards the room. "I got you, babe." Robin said to her as y/n leaned into her. You walked over to Steve. "Do you know where this asshole lives?" you said. Steve nodded. "It's that blue house across the railroad tracks." Steve said. "Let's go." you said and Steve stood up. "Let's go." he said giving you a nod. He followed you to your camaro and you headed off towards the house.

"So what exactly is the plan here?" Steve said. "We beat his ass til he signs the paper." you said gruffly. "Well.. I'll do the ass beating. You get Johnny." you added. "I can beat some ass." Steve said scoffing. You looked over at him smirking and turned back to the road. "Prick." Steve mumbled. "So what's this guys deal?" you asked ignoring him. "He's a real piece of shit. Y/n's mom was too but at least she got them away from him. He's not a good dude." Steve said. You nodded.

"She hasn't mentioned her mom." you said. "I don't think she knows how to process that yet. And Johnny.. well he's her everything." Steve said. "I know." you replied. "Do you love her?" Steve said suddenly. You looked over at him. "I do." you said and he nodded again. "She's a good one, man. Don't uh.. don't fuck it up." Steve said quietly. "I'm not really into this bonding thing." you replied snarkily. "But I don't plan to." you said more seriously. You pulled up to the house and saw a beat up truck in the driveway.

"Let's do it for Johnny man! We'll do it for Johnny!" Steve said in a dramatic voice. You raised an eyebrow at him. "The Outsiders?" he said. You stared at him blankly. "Oh, come on." he said rolling his eyes. You chuckled and climbed out of the car. You knew the reference but it was fun to fuck with him. You grabbed the paper that Steve had written up and shoved it in your pocket. You reached the porch and both looked at each other. "Do it for Johnny." you said giving Steve a half smile. He grinned and you took a deep breath. "Here comes the shit show." you said a smile on your lips.

Steve's POV

Billy swung the door open and walked inside. You saw an older man sitting in a recliner, beer cans scattered all around. Tom. He stood up quickly. "Who the hell are you?" he said angrily. "Sit down." Billy said walking over to him. Tom stood there and Billy pushed him back into the recliner easily. "Where's Johnny?" Billy growled. "Who's askin?" Tom said glaring at Billy. "Find him." Billy said to you. You nodded and walked through the dimly lit house. You heard Tom cry out in pain and kept walking. You tried the first bedroom.