Pulling Away

You woke up to your alarm going off. Billy was gone. That's weird. He had been such a big help to you last night with your mom and Johnny. You got up and got dressed quickly. You went and woke Johnny up.

You had work today with Robin at Family Video. Steve had offered to keep Johnny for you.  "Hey sweetie. I have to work today so your gonna hang out with Steve. Is that okay?" Johnny fist pumped the air. "Yes!" he grinned excitedly. You smiled and rubbed his hair.

You made him some breakfast and hopped in the car. You drove over to Steve's house. Steve was on the porch waiting. Johnny jumped out and ran to him. Steve threw him over his shoulder. You walked over laughing at the two of them. "Thanks, Steve. I really appreciate this." you said as he put Johnny down.

"Don't worry about it." he said smiling at you. "We're gonna have a great time." You kissed Johnny on the head and gave Steve a hug. "I'll be back at 5." you said turning to leave. "Drive safe!" Steve called after you.

You were excited to see Robin. You had a lot to catch her up on. You walked in and heard her taking to someone. She was going on and on about a film. The words falling out of her mouth at an incredible speed. The guy she was talking to looked a bit scared.

You smiled and laughed to yourself. She spotted you a minute later. "Y/n!!" she ran over to you squeezing you tightly. "You're squeezing me to death." you said patting her back. "Oops, sorry." she grinned at you. "Johnny with Steve?" she asked you. "Mhmm. He was super excited." you said walking behind the counter.

"Sooo.. what's up with you and Hargrove? Still gettin it in?" she smirked at you. "Oh my god, Robin!" you said smiling. "But if you must know, yes. I can't get enough." you sighed. "Ew." she replied. "Hey, you asked!" you laughed. "Remind me to stop doing that." she said laughing back.

You explained what happened last night and how he had disappeared this morning. "That's weird. I wonder why he would leave without saying anything." she said. "Have you heard from your mom?" You started to tell her no when you heard a familiar voice.

"I don't care, baby. Whatever you want." Billy. He was talking to some girl with big tits. You quickly dropped to the floor behind the counter. Robin looked at him then down at you. "What the fuck?" she mouthed. You shrugged. This is bullshit.

You heard the girl giggling and Billy mumbling something. They walked to the counter. "This is a horrible choice." Robin said to Billy, her voice salty. "Yeah, whatever." he grumbled. "That's my favorite movie." the girl said pouting.

"Can I just pay for the damn thing?" Billy hissed. "Are we going to my place or yours?" the girl asked Billy. I'm gonna throw up. "I wouldn't go to either. I heard he gave a few girls 'you know'." Robin whispered pointed to Billy's crotch. "That's not true! Do I know you?" he growled.

"Not yet. But I have a feeling we'll get to know each other very well." Robin said. "Let's just go somewhere else." Billy said throwing the movie down on the counter. "Do you really have a disease?" you heard the girl ask as they were walking out. "Fuck, no I don't. I don't even know her." he groaned.

You burst out laughing and Robin joined in. Then it hit you. I've been played. This is why you kept yourself guarded. Men weren't shit. Billy Hargrove was no different. Robin and tried to warn you and you had completely ignored her. He seemed so different with you. He really knew how to put on a good show.

"Rob?" you said still sitting on the ground. "Yeah, babe?" she said sliding down to sit next to you. You leaned your head on her shoulder. "Will you stay with me tonight?" you asked her. "Of course. Pizza and The Breakfast Club?" she said. "Ugh, yes please. I need some Judd Nelson in my life." you said as she put her arm around you pulling you close.

You ended up picking up Steve and Johnny and bringing them back to your place. Robin went home to change and met you there. You changed into a big t shirt and some comfy shorts. Johnny ate his pizza and went to bed early. He was worn out from his day with Steve. "What did you guys do over there?" you laughed.

"Well there were many races. A few obstacle courses and of course... a baking contest." he said smiling. "You were made to be a mother, Steve Harrington." you giggled. He shrugged taking another bite of his pizza. You sat in between Robin and Steve as you watched the movie.

You leaned your head on Steve's shoulder and closed your eyes. You drifted off to sleep and were awakened by a knock on the door. "It's midnight, who could that be?" Robin said standing up and walking over to the door. Your eyes followed her as she opened it.

"Oh, come on." you heard Billy say. "I knew we'd meet again." Robin said staring him down. "Is y/n here?" he said. "Maybe, maybe not." she said standing in the doorway blocking his view. "Look, about earlier..." he started. "Nope." she said quickly shutting the door in his face.

"Robin.." you said. "Come on, y/n. The dudes a real asshole. You can do better." Steve said gently. You heard another knock at the door. Robin looked over at you. You stood up and walked over. You opened the door, Robin beside you. "What?" you said bluntly. "Hey, um, can we talk?" he said looking down awkwardly.

"I don't think there's anything to talk about, Billy." you said shortly. "Listen, I..." he looked over at Robin who stood with her arms crossed. "Can we talk.. alone?" he said. You sighed deeply and stepped out on the porch.

"Look, Billy. You don't need to explain yourself. We're not dating or anything. You're free to do as you please. Just.. not here. Not with me. Not anymore." you said turning back towards the door. He grabbed your hand. "Y/n, please." he said. "Look I'm not good at this. I don't do this." He motioned between the two of you.

"So don't do it." you said your eyes starting to water. "That's not what I mean. I'm just.. I'm not used to it. I'm not used to feeling like this and I.. I don't know. It freaked me out." he said. You swallowed hard. Is this part of his game? "Feeling like what?" you said looking him in his eyes.

"Uhh.." he rubbed his palms against his jeans. "Like.. I don't know. I can't stop thinking about you and I just wanna be with you all the time. I've never felt like that. I don't know. I tried to pull away from you but I... can't." he said nervously.

"You make me nervous, which is another thing I'm not fucking used to." he grumbled. You took his hand, it was sweaty. "Billy. I like you. I like you a lot. But you saw my life last night. I have a lot going on all the time and..." you said. "I want to help you." he interrupted you.

"But this isn't helping. I can't be crying over a boy while my mom's in the hospital and I'm taking care of my baby brother. I can't have these distractions." you said softly. "Y/n, will you.. will you be my girlfriend?" he said suddenly. "What?" you said in disbelief.

"I might not be good at this but I want to try." he said grabbing your other hand. "I.. I need to think." you said. He nodded. "Can I come see you tomorrow?" he said pulling you closer. "I guess that would be okay." you said your face close to his.

"Goodnight, y/n." he said moving his face even closer. "Goodnight, Billy." you said eliminating the space in between you and pressing your lips against his. He kissed you gently, his lips moving softly against yours. You pulled away and watched him walk to his car. You turned around to see Steve and Robin in the window.

You walked inside. "Really, guys?" you said. They were back on the couch as if they'd been there all along. "Do you know what she's talking about Steve?" Robin said glancing over at Steve. "No idea, Buckley." he shrugged and you rolled your eyes at them. You sat back on the couch, you put your head in Robin's lap and your feet on Steve's, stretching out across the couch. "What am I gonna do?" you groaned.