𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

꧁༒☬~~~~~☬༒꧂

𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝙼𝚊𝚗

𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝙼𝚊𝚗

"ᴀʟʟ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ

 ᴡᴀꜱ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ

 ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴡʜʏ ᴡᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴛᴇᴅ

 ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀʟ ᴏᴜʀ ꜱᴏᴜʟꜱ"

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ~~~ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

1991

Dallas, Texas

Three teens dashed down the back lanes of a local family ranch. They skidded off into the trees, dogging branches, bushes, and rocks. They only stopped when their feet hit the stream. The girl continued along the creek, crouching down to search for frogs. The other two stood next to each other, their chests heaving.

The younger of the two boys turned to face the older. He leaned forward to kiss the other on the lips. "Do you truly need to leave?" He asked.

"I have school, we both do," the older boy replied. 

The younger boy frowned. "You can stay and go to school here. I can show you all the backroads and forest. Find our own little paradise. Just you and I." The older boy smiled, leaning to press his head against younger. "I'll be back, next summer," he promised. 

The older boy, though, didn't come back the following summer. Not for the next summer nor the summer after that. For the next five years, the younger boy waited at the train station every day during the first week of summer. Waiting for his lover to return home.

↤↤↤↤↤ ~~~~~ ↦↦↦↦↦

2014

Oxford, United Kingdom

The Riot Club sat around Olivia's flat, for one last meeting before the big dinner. Bottles of alcohol lay around the room as most everyone was plastered. Olivia sat on James' lap, nursing a French 75. George sat on the floor next to them, using James' leg as a pillow. 

Guy appeared to be on the verge of being on Dimitri's lap as he drank his own beer. Toby and Ed were drunkenly scrolling through Tinder together on the floor. Harry was failing at talking to Selena over the phone. Hugo sat quietly in the corner by a window, a cigarette between his fingers.

Olivia lifted her head from James' chest and stared down at George. "Should we put him to bed?" She asked. James cast a glance down at George, who had his arms around his leg and his cheek on his knee. "I think he's fine," James responded.

"It's your leg." Olivia put her drink down and laid her head back against James' chest. 

"Should I put you to bed?" James whispered into her hair. Olivia shook her head, closing her eyes. "Let's get a dog," she said. 

"You have two rabbits."

"And I want a dog. I would name him Count Ruff." 

James smiled and sat back in his chair, watching as Ed's phone slipped from his fingers and onto the floor. Ed sighed in defeat as he turned to look at his phone. He rolled onto his stomach and buried his face in his arms, quickly falling asleep.

Toby scooted across during that time and began using James' other leg as a pillow. Olivia looked down and giggled. "This isn't funny," James said. Olivia continued to giggle as she climbed from the side of the chair. She patted him on the shoulder. "Good luck with the children," she said. 

Olivia walked over to where Hugo was sitting and sat down next to him. "Hey," she whispered. "You alright?" Hugo nodded, lifting his arm to allow Olivia to scoot closer. 

"We're trashing the rooms tomorrow." 

Hugo threw his finished cigarette out the window. "I'm guessing you want me to come?"

"At least for Miles."

Olivia put her head on his shoulder. "You can't tell me Guy and Dimitri aren't sleeping with each other." She gestured to the two. Guy was leaning against the couch, Dimitri's head on his hip and his arm around his waist.

"They'll never admit it."

"Yeah. Such a shame. Well, I'm going to go change and probably go to bed. I'll ask James to join me, but I think he going to be in that chair all night." 

The duo glanced over to the captain who was scrolling on his phone and the two who were using him as a pillow. 

"They turn into toddlers when they're drunk," Hugo commented. 

↤↤↤↤↤ ~~~~~ ↦↦↦↦↦

Olivia sat on Miles' bed, her rabbits in her lap and sunglasses on her face. Hugo sat at Miles' desk with one of Miles's books in his lap. They both looked up as they heard a lock turn and the door open.

Miles walked into the room and looked around. "Oh fuck," he laughed. 

"Welcome to the Riot Club," Olivia announced. 

"You fuckers," Miles responded, picking up a torn book from the ground a throwing it at Hugo. 

Hugo caught it and leaned back in his chair with a smirk. "It could have been a lot worse," he commented. 

"There's worse than this?" Miles asked, ducking under the line of photos.

"Yeah, one year I heard they glued like all of this guy's furniture to his celling." Olivia got up and threw her arms around Miles. "You got off easy, my dear." 

Miles wrapped his arm around her waist and looked down at her. "I thought they didn't accept girls?" He questioned. "No offense, Liv." 

"None taken. They don't technically."

"But Olivia is special case. She's a honorable member. She's the First Lady," Hugo finished. 

"Does that make you, my secretary?" 

Hugo winked in response. Miles laughed before cringing at the state of his room.

"You guys won't help me clean this up, will you?" 

Hugo and Olivia both shook their heads. Olivia rushed over to collect her rabbits before bolting out the door. Miles seized Hugo's arm as he passed by. They locked their gazes on each other for a few moments. Miles cast a quick glance at Hugo's covered forearm.

"What?" Hugo muttered. 

"Do you and Liv want to get dinner tomorrow?" It was the first thing that popped into Miles's head. 

"I'll ask her. Anything else?"

Miles hovered his finger over Hugo's wrist before shaking his head and letting go. "No," he said. "Sorry." Hugo remained still for a moment before leaving the room and disappearing down the hallway.

Miles sighed and looked around at his room. "Fuck me," he groaned. 

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ~~~ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

Uhhh...I'm sorry for the late late chapter. Also, that it's kind of short. I'll try to post again sometime this week.