10:

Malakas ang pagkabog ng dibdib ko habang nakaupo sa isang reserved table kung saan hinihintay ko si Cia. Today is the day we are going to meet. It has been three days since that video call and no more message exchanges since then not until last night where she texted me the address and time. I was shocked for a moment because I never saw this one coming.

It is the first time.

Hindi ko inakalang siya mismo ang magpapareserve ng table at mamimili ng meeting place without my knowledge. Well, I know it is not wrong pero medyo nagulat lang ako dahil ang ganitong eksena ay tipikal na ang mga lalaki ang gumagawa with just some of the woman's recommendation and consent. Cia is different. This is the first time I actually experienced this. Now, I am waiting for her to come. Ilang oras kong inisip ito at halos hindi ako makatulog kagabi dahil sa kaba. Hindi rin ako mapakali lalo na sa susuotin kong damit bago magpunta rito. A lot of overthinking before calming down my system.

It's still not yet the exact time she said but I don't want to give her the bad first date impression for being late. So as the gentleman myself, I did the honor of arriving twenty minutes earlier. Good thing I have my wheels. Mabuti na rin lamang at pinapasok na agad ako ng guard even though it is still not the reserved time. 

"Sir, would you like to order now?" napalingon ako sa waiter na nakangiting lumapit sa akin.

I politely said no to the waiter.

"No. I am still waiting for my date, but a glass of water will be fine."

He smiled and then moved along to give me their water service. While still waiting for Cia to come, I distracted myself by looking and observing how fancy the restaurant it. It is not new to me to dine in these kinds of restaurants especially just here in the Philippines since I always dine in 5-star restaurants outside the country. One of the best perks of being a pilot, actually. I have checked-in to a lot of 5-Star Hotels around the world especially that I am flying with the flag carrier of the country which means we do a lot of international flights.

"Hi,"

Habang abala ako sa pagtingin-tingin sa paligid ay hindi ko namalayan ang magandang boses na bumati sa akin. Agad na kumabog ang dibdib ko dahil kung hindi ako magkakamali ay boses iyon ni Cia. Dali-dali akong humarap sa pinanggalingan noon at tumambad siya sa akin. Nakangiti at gandang-ganda sa suot niyang pulang dress. She is looking at me casually and a little smile is painted on her lips.

"Hi. Sorry I was distracted." I stood up to greet her. I gave her a kiss on the back of her hand which made her smile even wider. "Kinakabahan kasi ako."

"Oh stop, Lucas." she said.

I did not know for a second what to respond on her for calling me on my second name, but one thing is for sure, the feeling is new and exciting. No one really calls me by that name. It's weird but new. Natitigan ko pa siya sandali habang nakangiti. Kamuntikan ko pang makalimutan na hawak ko nga pala ang kamay niya. Just like the night I first saw her and met her, she is still the same.

Ang ganda pa rin.

Inalalayan ko siya sa pag-upo niya bago umupo na rin. The waiter come up to us when he noticed my date is already here. He gladly entertained our orders.