15:

"Good afternoon, passengers. This is your captain speaking. First, I'd like to welcome everyone on AirBus A330 Flight 202. We are currently cruising at an altitude of 31,000 feet at an airspeed of 400 miles per hour. The time is 4:45 PM. The weather looks good and with the tailwind on our side we are expecting to land in Mactan, Cebu approximately ten minutes ahead of schedule. The weather in Mactan is clear and sunny, with a high of 27 degrees for this afternoon. If the weather cooperates, we should get a great view of the city as we descend. The cabin crew will be coming around in about five minutes time to offer you a light snack and beverage, and the inflight movie will begin shortly after that. I'll talk to you again before we reach our destination. Until then, sit back, relax and enjoy the rest of the flight."

I finished my announcement with a happy and light mood. I can see the skies are painted with beautiful light orange colors as the sun begins to set. Balik na naman ako sa trabaho at ganoon din si Esmeralda na isinama si Haze sa office niya. It would be every day that the two of them would be playing at Esmeralda's work if I'm flying. Maganda ang gising ko kanina at mataas ang energy ko. It might be because I will be doing what I love later on, and this is already it. Ito man ang unang flight ko and the next would be on Wednesday to go back at Manila, I am feeling so energized for some reason.

My co-pilot and I talked for a bit. The senior cabin crew offered us drinks and snacks while we talk. At the middle of the flight, we did not expect to have a minor issue that was immediately fixed by the cabin crews on board. Mayroon daw na nagwala dahil ayaw ibaba ang paa sa arm rest. Isang pasahero ang nagreklamo dahil mabaho raw. You really would not know and expect what kind of people you'll fly with. The last craziest encounter I had with crazy passengers were two months ago with a married couple. The woman keeps in shouting and physically harassing his husband just because they will be late for a connecting flight she mistakenly bought the ticket herself.

Well, people are people.

I never really paid attention to people until we landed. As soon as the cabin crew announced the landing announcement and we landed safe, some flight processes were done, and I was drove to the hotel I will be staying for three nights and two days. Taxi ang sinakyan ko, all covered by the benefits of being a pilot and the hotel as well. I have been to this airport a lot of times and to the hotel I will be staying multiple times. It's in Waterfront Airport Hotel Casino. Approximately 0.7 kilometers away from Mactan Cebu International Airport so it is good for convenience. As usual, the personnel including the security, bell boy, and the front desks are all accommodating. Actually, the interior design of the hotel is outdated but I can say that it is very warm and comfortable. I always fight for rooms that have a great view and that is what they give me. I always get the room with the view of their poolside.

"Ah sa wakas!" I said as I lay down the bed. "Makakatulog na ako."

Nagpahinga ako sandali sa kama. Siguro ay halos labinlimang minuto na rin sapagkat hindi ko namalayang nakaidlip pala ako sandali. Nang magising ako ay malapit nang mag-alas sais. Kaya pala medyo kumakalam na ang sikmura ko. I then decided to fix myself. Bababa ako ng kwarto para kumain sa labas. Habang nagsasara naman ako ng pintuan ng kwarto ay tumawag si Esmeralda na kakaagad kong sinagot.

"Oh?"

"Kamusta flight natin, mahal?"

"Good. Pababa na ako ng hotel room. Kakain ako sa labas. Nasaan na kayo ni Haze? Pauwi na?" I asked. Nag-umpisa na rin akong maglakad. "Itabi mo matulog iyan sa taas ah? Kaltukan ko kayo pareho. Dapat nakabuntot 'yan lagi sa'yo."