Double knot

<<{🌙}>>

Leah POV

It's happening again.

The blushes. The stomach fluttering and the heart beat skipping.

And all for the wrong person. 

But I couldn't help myself.

Cheng had invited me out on another "friendly" date to the movies and it was not going well on my side.

It was a romance movie, which I couldn't really remember the name of. Maybe because he keeps looking at me instead of the screen and keeps trying to hold my hand.

Speaking of which, my eyes catch sight of his fingers crawling over the arm rest to grab my hand but i snatch it away again. Glaring at him.

He pouts, "oh come on Leah... please let me hold your hand? Please?".

"No" I say bluntly, "I agreed to come watch a movie with you. Not hold hands".

"But holding hands makes the movie better. It is a romance movie after all"

I give him a weird and annoyed look. Leaning back when he leans over, "i promise I won't disturb you for the rest of the movie. Just..." he places his hand on the arm rest, widening his fingers, "please?".

The way my heart races faster almost makes me loose my breath as he maintains eye contact with me. The glow from the TV illuminating his face as well as his light brown eyes. Highlighting his handsome features.

My face heats up as I look back down at his hand, slowly raising mine to entangle my fingers with his. His fingers automatically clasp onto mine. Holding my hand firmly which makes his veins become more prominent with the action and I almost bite my lip nervously the sight.

Veiny hands... every girl's weakness.

We continue watching the movie. And he keeps his word of not disturbing me till the end.

Once the movie was over, I snatch my hand away immediately, blushing as I stood up and made my way out side.

Once I reach out, I fold my arms. Hearing his footsteps behind me as he comes to stand at my side.

"Did you enjoy the movie?" He asks, leaning down to my height to look at me. He wasn't even that tall by the way. He was probably just... i think Lee know's height.

I bring out my phone which has been in silent mode for the past almost two hours to see three messages and five missed calls. Curious, I open my phone to check and see who it was. And I'm surprised to see that it was Chan.

Was something wrong? Why so many missed calls?

The three messages were also from him. Just asking me where I was and if I had the time to come by the company.