61 || Happily Ever After

Song: Lana Del Ray - video games

Here's a more traditional ending to the story, thank you all for reading <3

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Josie

I, Josie Dumont was just traumatized.

It'd happened so fast.

I don't know why it'd taken me nineteen - now twenty - years to finally step foot into a building of this kind, but it took me a total of two minutes to decide that I was far too soft hearted for it all.

The terrible smell, the sadness, the death.

It was all too much.

I'd taken a stroll into the university hospital purely out of curiosity. I'd finished my last exam in the building next door and thought it'd be a good time to explore my curiosity.

I'd never been inside a hospital, nor had I ever exited a facility so fast with such a strong urge to hurl, but I did today.

And now, as I'm strolling down the street, forcing down my uneasy stomach, my shoulders are weighed down by the sudden realization that I can't see myself doing this everyday.

Yet another thing to add to the list of crap piling up in my life.

The vibration of my phone pulls my attention away from the pool of self pity I'm wallowing in, only to heave a sigh at the sender of the text message.

Stalker

Where are you?

None of your business.

I null over my response, feeling bad about how rude I come across. With a sigh, I send another text in an attempt to lessen the blow.

I'm not stupid enough to share
my whereabouts with a stalker.

I'm not entirely sure he understands me, but he'd earned the title stalker after I'd had more than enough of his stalkerish tendencies these past two weeks.

He seems to brush off my text with one of his own.

Debatable.

You're stupid enough to be
texting me back in the first place.

I glare down at my screen, the urge to strangle him strong.

You're stupid.

Only because you've
rubbed off on me.

I wasn't in the business of being rude to anyone, but this man brought out the worst in me.

Shut up.

Why don't you turn
around and make me?

I stop dead in my tracks, handing out apologies to the pedestrians I disturb in doing so as I frantically glance around.

I don't see anyone, but I feel his gaze, everywhere. So much so that my heart picks up it's pace and my palms begin to sweat.